• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere in a Finnish forest....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
        Yeah....Gotta love the way he relates.....

He lost the house

That one is good

Most of your other 20,000 memes were crap though

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Do what????

Dude, quit obfuscating and trying to score Gotcha! points. I wont ask again.

I need an answer, or silence.

Read the link. Understand it. Learn it.

It says revenue tax now is higher than it was before the Trump tax cuts. It even pointed out the tax revenue is at record levels, which means tax revenue is now higher than it's ever been.

So again I ask, can you explain how tax revenue is higher after tax rate cuts?

If you cannot; then either shut up and stop annoying me, or ask me to explain how it happened and I'll be happy to pass that learned knowledge on to you.

I had to learn the concept myself, and I'm happy to pass along that lesson to those who seek that knowledge.

But I ain't here to play Gotcha! with a superfan.

Comparing FY 2017 to 2018 revenues are up only 0.4% in nominal terms. Revenue should be up much more based on GDP growth, cost of living, work growth, all of which are up correct?
          Revenue is down when factoring these additions into the equation
          This is one of the lowest revenue growth rates in the passed 50 years according to CRFB.
          http://www.crfb.org/blogs/tax-bill-d...e-revenue-rise

But lets continue here for shlts and giggles

Now lets factor in growth rates by year under Obama and see where he stood.

First 5 years..

2010: +$58 billion
          2011: +$141 billion
          2012: +$147 billion
          2013: +$325 billion
          2014: +$246 billion

Trump (tax cut year)
          2018: +$14 billion (0.4%)

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...evenue-3305762
          ^Yearly revenue growth by year, scroll down.

As stated above, this is one of the lowest growth rates in the passed 50 years.

Please don't be an ignorant buffoon when you reply and deny the facts.

Let's move on from this and discuss policy now.
          Last edited by Lords; 11-19-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
            Comparing FY 2017 to 2018 revenues are up only 0.4% in nominal terms.
            Finally!!!!

Ok, so we agree revenue is up.

That's a start.

Now for the finish....

Can you explain how tax revenue is up after the tax rates were cut?

Originally posted by Lords View Post
            Please don't be an ignorant buffoon when you reply and deny the facts.
            Dont project, and dont hurl insults.

Both annoy me greatly.

Consider that fair, and last, warning on that nonsense.

Originally posted by Lords View Post
            Let's move on from this and discuss policy now.
            Once you answer the question I will be happy to.

You're not on ignore as some progress was made by you.

You did finally realize that tax revenue is up after the tax cuts.

You're learning, and learning is good.

Now, explain how that happened and I'll be happy to address your question(s).

Now remember, the next response best have an answer, or a concession you cant give an answer

Anything else, and just like Jim Acosta, you'll have to be put in Time Out for a bit for cheerleading and gumming up the discourse.

Comment

• There is no correlation between tax cuts and increases in revenue. Every economist understands this as fact. It’s a much more complex equation. Simpletons like 65bad try to equate simple aspects to explain complex ideas. Par for the course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  If history is anything to go by, neither Government or insurance companies will as it becomes a PR exercise when people are suffering

Friend of mine was CEO of a major insurance company when tsunami hit Asia and all of their policies were voided due to Force Majeure

They paid out on most of them and were reimbursed with public funds
                  Heres the new tree growth from a fire 5 years ago.

I pulled over on I80 near Truckee Ca. to take a quick shot of the growth. This is on a major highway. You couldnt even walk through this!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Finally!!!!

Ok, so we agree revenue is up.

That's a start.

Now for the finish....

Can you explain how tax revenue is up after the tax rates were cut?
                      It's up 0.4% in nominal terms, and down over 3.5% in real terms.

please read thoroughly next time before you get excited.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Anything else, and just like Jim Acosta, you'll have to be put in Time Out for a bit for cheerleading and gumming up the discourse.
                      Don't act like a child here when the ball moves away from your end of the court.

I've already shown that revenue is not up, it's a fact. This is one of the lowest growth rates in the passed 50 years, fact.

You're already covered to the neck in quicksand, don't completely drown yourself due to internet pride. I suggest moving on and maybe switching topics.

Or if you're brave enough, talk policy.

Comment

Working...
                      X