No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLennox View Post
    You cannot substantiate anything you've just said.

Why?

Because it's not true/verifiable.
    Here is a chart of SAT scores by race and income. Notice that the poorest white people score only 3 points lower than the richest black people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
      Here is a chart of SAT scores by race and income. Notice that the poorest white people score only 3 points lower than the richest black people.

What year was that study?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post

(Ah...See, dude? Told you this was coming. Key to debates is to always be a few steps ahead or even days ahead.)

"It's funny that you should mention education/intelligence because, having been a teacher, I've done quite a bit of researching as to it. Additionally, being on here, I've done my share of researching as to intelligence/"races" as well. Let me see how I can provide a summary:

Essentially, our tools for "measuring intelligence" don't actually do so. There's no way of accurately measuring anyone's overall intelligence:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...y-8425911.html

https://futurism.com/intelligence-ch...know-part-one/

For example, someone out in the country (country lifestyle) could be illiterate, but put them out in the "swamp" with me, and who comes back out alive? Writing poetry won't save me from an alligator. Does that mean I'm dumb? Or take Floyd Mayweather, who sometimes has trouble speaking/reading. Is he dumb? What happens if you put him in the ring versus most of the world? He'd outsmart them every time. He knows what to do, what not to do, and when to do or not. That's intelligence. People simply develop their intelligence in varied areas, but there is no actual "difference" in intelligence levels.

Moreover, we can never disregard the effects of socioeconomic racism, either.

Do you honestly believe socioeconomic factors have ever been equal for a Black person in America?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...adults/384613/

"The explanations for this phenomenon are varied, but largely hinge on many of the criticisms that already exist in regard to socioeconomics and race in the U.S. Economists cite lower educational attainment, higher rates of single-parent households, and geographic segregation as potential explanations for these trends. The latter determines not only what neighborhoods people live in, but often what types of schools children attend, which could play a role in hindering their educational and professional attainment later on. According to Reeves, "In terms of opportunity, there are still two Americas, divided by race."

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/da...te-and-unequal

"More than 2 million black students attend schools where 90 percent of the student body is made up of minority students. Dozens of school districts have current desegregation orders. Minority students represent 57 percent of the population in “dropout factories” — schools where the senior class has 60 percent or fewer students who entered as freshmen — but only 30 percent of the population in all schools.

On average, schools serving more minority populations have less-experienced, lower-paid teachers who are less likely to be certified. A report from the Center for American Progress found that a 10 percentage point increase in students of color at a school is associated with a decrease in per-pupil spending of $75.

Disparities in course offerings mean students of color have fewer opportunities to challenge themselves with more difficult courses — the type of courses needed to prepare for a four-year college degree or for a high-paying career in STEM."

In other words, unless the wealthiest of Black families are moving in with the Kardashians over at Calabasas, their children will still receive a lower-quality education. It has nothing to do with genetics, and all to do with discrimination. Heck, in our America, even the one lucky kid who does move to Calabasas will likely face discrimination in some form or another. Racism is a prevalent, unfortunate reality that has been substantiated by studies countless times, as I'm sure you're aware of."
        Last edited by TheLennox; 03-31-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• A video of an unknown circumstance with a narrator just making shyt up like Trump has anything to do with it.

Comment

(Ah...See, dude? Told you this was coming. Key to debates is to always be a few steps ahead or even days ahead.)

"It's funny that you should mention education/intelligence because, having been a teacher, I've done quite a bit of researching as to it. Additionally, being on here, I've done my share of researching as to intelligence/"races" as well. Let me see how I can provide a summary:

Essentially, our tools for "measuring intelligence" don't actually do so. There's no way of accurately measuring anyone's overall intelligence:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...y-8425911.html

https://futurism.com/intelligence-ch...know-part-one/

For example, someone out in the country (country lifestyle) could be illiterate, but put them out in the "swamp" with me, and who comes back out alive? Writing poetry won't save me from an alligator. Does that mean I'm dumb? Or take Floyd Mayweather, who sometimes has trouble speaking/reading. Is he dumb? What happens if you put him in the ring versus most of the world? He'd outsmart them every time. He knows what to do, what not to do, and when to do or not. That's intelligence. People simply develop their intelligence in varied areas, but there is no actual "difference" in intelligence levels.

Moreover, we can never disregard the effects of socioeconomic racism, either.

Do you honestly believe socioeconomic factors have ever been equal for a Black person in America?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...adults/384613/

"The explanations for this phenomenon are varied, but largely hinge on many of the criticisms that already exist in regard to socioeconomics and race in the U.S. Economists cite lower educational attainment, higher rates of single-parent households, and geographic segregation as potential explanations for these trends. The latter determines not only what neighborhoods people live in, but often what types of schools children attend, which could play a role in hindering their educational and professional attainment later on. According to Reeves, "In terms of opportunity, there are still two Americas, divided by race."

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/da...te-and-unequal

"More than 2 million black students attend schools where 90 percent of the student body is made up of minority students. Dozens of school districts have current desegregation orders. Minority students represent 57 percent of the population in “dropout factories” — schools where the senior class has 60 percent or fewer students who entered as freshmen — but only 30 percent of the population in all schools.

On average, schools serving more minority populations have less-experienced, lower-paid teachers who are less likely to be certified. A report from the Center for American Progress found that a 10 percentage point increase in students of color at a school is associated with a decrease in per-pupil spending of $75.

Disparities in course offerings mean students of color have fewer opportunities to challenge themselves with more difficult courses — the type of courses needed to prepare for a four-year college degree or for a high-paying career in STEM."

In other words, unless the wealthiest of Black families are moving in with the Kardashians over at Calabasas, their children will still receive a lower-quality education. It has nothing to do with genetics, and all to do with discrimination. Heck, in our America, even the one lucky kid who does move to Calabasas will likely face discrimination in some form or another. Racism is a prevalent, unfortunate reality that has been substantiated by studies countless times, as I'm sure you're aware of."
            I think you lost Xoo here. Look for one of the other alt-rights to jump in. There is a very ignorant one that goes by the name 2Fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              I think you lost Xoo here. Look for one of the other alt-rights to jump in. There is a very ignorant one that goes by the name 2Fast.
              lol Thankfully, I already know how this debate ends.

Check out that board, adrikitty

Comment

lol Thankfully, I already know how this debate ends.

Check out that board, adrikitty

Hahah what board? The chess board? Wot about it? Those pieces look rather sleek!

Wot type of cake is dat? TRES LECHES?1?

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                  Hahah what board? The chess board? Wot about it? Those pieces look rather sleek!

Wot type of cake is dat? TRES LECHES?1?
                  Yep, tres leches, for Enayze's birthday party.

We were ripped off, though; it didn't really taste like a tres leches all that much. I hope I find a better one for my birthday.

Anyhow, I'll come back later, and see what Xoo came up with; thewhitegirl's gonna give me a hair-cut.

Comment

Yep, tres leches, for Enayze's birthday party.

We were ripped off, though; it didn't really taste like a tres leches all that much. I hope I find a better one for my birthday.

Anyhow, I'll come back later, and see what Xoo came up with; thewhitegirl's gonna give me a hair-cut.
                    Lol but that is Jim Raynor's pic? Are they one in the same?

This little Mexican food truck near me makes the best Tres Leches Ive ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                      Lol but that is Jim Raynor's pic? Are they one in the same?

This little Mexican food truck near me makes the best Tres Leches Ive ever had.
                      It's not confirmed but that's the going rumour. Jim Raynor and Enayze maybe the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X