Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• 71 people arrested after violent anti-Trump protests in Portland

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Police arrested 71 people Saturday night in what was the fifth night of protesting in Downtown Portland since Republican Donald Trump won the election.
        Portland Police say protesters failed to obey numerous orders to disperse, and threw flaming projectiles, road flares and bottles at police, authorities said. One photo shared by police shows spray-painted graffiti on a police vehicle.

http://komonews.com/news/local/71-pe...ts-in-portland

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Wait, are some people still pretending that Trump didnt appeal to voter's racism during his campaign?

Are ya'll serious?

Elder knows it too but of course race baiting is the only way for him to stay relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

The percentage of people who vote one way or the other doesn't tell me anything. Why they vote one way or the other is more interesting. (For example, if a known Klan member received 1% of White vote, those voters would still likely be racists despite not being a large percentage of the White voter base) I'm not personally going to claim that white people are racist for voting for Trump, but the argument for that would involve arguing that Trump appealed to racism in his campaign.

People who point out that 95% of Black people voted for Obama (in 2008, 93% in 2012) often decide not to consider any context. It would be easy to verify that in recent elections that:
                -88% of Black voters voted for Clinton (D) this year
                -88% for Kerry (D) in 2004
                -90% for Al Gore (D) in 2000

So my question to you is, how much did Obama being Black matter compared with the fact that he was a Democrat? Now if 93-95% of Black voters had supported Ben Carson or Herman Cain that would have been a different story.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-14-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• GOP President-Elect Donald Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law

Republican President-elect Donald Trump said he’s “fine” with same-sex marriage as the law of the land, calling the issue "settled" by the Supreme Court.
                  The comments – in his first television interview since winning the presidency – sharply contrast with his party’s orthodoxy, his running mate’s longtime position and comments the New York Republican made during the primary.
                  “It’s law,” he said in an interview with CBS’ ‘60 Minutes’ that aired Sunday. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done.”

“These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And I’m – I’m fine with that,” he added.
                  The Republican Party’s official platform, ratified by the party in July, opposes same-sex marriage, condemns the Supreme Court’s rulings and supports proposed “religious freedom” legislation that critics say would allow businesses to deny services to gay people.
                  Trump’s comments also break with the longtime positions of his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who signed a religious freedom bill into law in 2015, but walked back on some of its language after facing backlash from across the country.
                  Trump, who has spent his life in liberal New York City, referenced gay Republicans at the Republican National Convention, and said transgender people should use whatever bathroom they feel comfortable using during his campaign.
                  But in the heat of the Republican presidential primary, he also said gay marriage should have been decided by the states, and said he would consider appointing judges to overrule the Supreme Court’s marriage decisions.
                  “I would strongly consider that, yes,” he said in a January Fox News interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                    Wait, are some people still pretending that Trump didnt appeal to voter's racism during his campaign?

Are ya'll serious?

Elder knows it too but of course race baiting is the only way for him to stay relevant.
                    I'm sure there were some people who voted for Trump for racist reasons (I'm more sure more people voted for Hillary just cuz she gots a vagina or allegedly she has one anyway), but anyone who thinks 58% of white people voted for Trump (or even most of them) cuz he's white or for racist reasons is a f#cking ******.

Its not like Hillary was some dream candidate who was a shoe in to win except cuz of racism. Its undebatable she's the more corrupt person (he's just blunt & kinda stupid which is the lesser of two evils to many people) + she played not to lose while he played to win in their campaigns from what I've gathered by the more politically astute mfers talking about this now. And I say all this as a guy who was offended as an American these two f#cking dip****s were deemed the best options for President this year.

I also think Trump's fame played more of a part in his win than racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Is the popular vote win a slow-mo win? lol. The popular vote continues to get updated, with Google's election results feature showing a 630k Clinton lead right now.
                      and? how many of those votes are from prisoners, dead people or illegals?

Comment

Working...
                      X