No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So he should have induced panic then as I said?
    Are you using a strawman on me?

It sure seems that's what you're saying. Please confirm.
    Negative.
    And remember, I'm asking for actions he should have taken. You cited words. Um, words aint gonna cure or stop a virus. Actions will.

So, what actions should Trump have taken, in your opinion?
    Ahhh. Actions. Well start to acknowledge that the numbers look grim and then start an emergency plan with recommendations on how states should handle the virus would be a great start. Put up a national taskforce handling emergency equipment that shall be made available to states in need based on objective and not political criteria. Those kinda actions would make Trump appear more like a statesman and president for all of america.

And yet here you are, taking a side and cheering it on.
    No cheering. Just pointing out how Trump looks stupid (and earlier that dems. are in a sorry state). So you're wrong again.

Well, you're in your usual denial and insults mode, as well as ducking direct simple questions.
    I have answered every question.

You're also lying and attributing words to me I never said.

I don't have time for that.

I'll have to end the discourse if that continues.

I'll admit you can out-snark and out-insult me, so lets try and have some civil, honest discourse. Ok?

Oh, if you want to post up where I threatened to shoot a "jaywalker", go right ahead. I'll give you a direct, sincere apology if you do.

I've told the story of how I brandished a gun to a person once on the side of the road who was banging on cars stuck at a red light years back, but he wasn't jaywalking. I personally don't care about jaywalkers. They're harmless. And I see them all the time downtown. Ain't shot one yet, or threated to.

Hell, me myself I do my share of jaywalking downtown too.

If you have a solid case, you should have no reason to blatantly lie.....
    As you may know, the search-function on boxingscene is terrible. I believe that you are an honest man despite you and I not always seeing things the same way. Don't you remember our discussion about guns earlier? I know it's been a while.

My point is and was that you had that gun and you where ready to use it if you felt threathened. I'm not going into semantics about jaywalking or whatever. Let's just say that you had the gun and was ready to use it.

Comment

• I don't think Trumps response to the pandemic has been amazing or terrible.. I don't think many western leaders have responded that well either though.. How often do these type of pandemics happen? Similar type one would be the Spanish Flu.. that's over 100 years ago

It doesn't change the fact that going into February.. the US economy was doing great, unemployment was at all time lows and the US was putting a serious hurting on China economically.. Most of this was at least partially down to Trump.. that's just a fact

I spent over 3/4 of my life in the UK before moving to the America and one thing people don't seem to get is it's far different then most countries.. In the US Trump has governors in blue states actively working against him.. In the UK something like that would never ****ing happen even if a decent amount dislike Boris Johnson

It's not brought up anymore and long forgotten.. but no one seems to remember Cuomo threatening Trump with legal action because he wanted to lock NY down at the start of the pandemic

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/ny-g...uarantine.html

His own words "Trump has no authority to impose lockdown"

So yeah it's easy to say Trump should have done this and that.. sat in Denmark.. but the reality is far different

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      My point is and was that you had that gun and you where ready to use it if you felt threathened. I'm not going into semantics about jaywalking or whatever. Let's just say that you had the gun and was ready to use it.
      And what's wrong with that? sounds ****ing smart in this day and age if anything

Comment

• Long Live Donald Trump and the USA!!!......Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Doubt it. If people believe some of those deaths are falsely being attributed to covid too many people die from those diseases each year for Covid to make a big difference. It's actually possible the numbers might be higher if access to treatment was limited because of Covid.
          True.

But covid mostly kills ppl who are vulnerable and already have those existing conditions.

Obviously im just guessing for now until the numbers come out but I think a lot of covid deaths are ppl with health conditions that were already deadly. Covid just accelerated and pushed it.

Comment

• Thanks for the more civil tone. I appreciate that.

Are you using a strawman on me?
            Nope. I was asking for confirmation, not stating that was your argument.

Ahhh. Actions. Well start to acknowledge that the numbers look grim and then start an emergency plan with recommendations on how states should handle the virus would be a great start.
            His emergency ACTIONS were to stop travel into the US from countries hit hardest, including China.

Also, the Feds have limited power over the States per our 10th Amendment.

As you saw, some States not only refused Federal guidance, they took actions that were opposed by Trump (Cuomo putting Covid patients in rest homes, for example).

Put up a national taskforce handling emergency equipment that shall be made available to states in need based on objective and not political criteria. Those kinda actions would make Trump appear more like a statesman and president for all of america.
            He did just that!!!!!

He sent New York all those ventilators and even a Navy hospital ship there, even while his political opponents Cuomo and deBlasio attacked him at every opportunity.

Dude, no offense, but you either missed or ignored some seriously important facts about this topic.

Again, I'm not attacking you. The press hides good actions/results from Trump. Its quite possible you're hearing this for the first time.

So now that you found out he did indeed take some major action you called for, can we get some kind of form of "he was right on that" from you?

As you may know, the search-function on boxingscene is terrible. I believe that you are an honest man despite you and I not always seeing things the same way. Don't you remember our discussion about guns earlier? I know it's been a while.

Yes, I remember it pretty clearly. Better than you do, as we see.

How about you just agree not to attribute words to me unless you're able to source them if asked?

That's not too much to ask, is it?

That said, yes, I have brandished a weapon on the few occasions I've been threatened and felt the need to do so (and to be clear, I do not always respond that way, even when armed).

I've never been assaulted when I did that, even at times when I've been outnumbered or even dealing with a violent person with mental illness.

People tend to simmer down real quick when the person they want to attack has a gun. Its human nature.

To be more clear, I stand by my claim that guns do stop some crimes and do at times protect people from violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Thanks for the more civil tone. I appreciate that.

Nope. I was asking for confirmation, not stating that was your argument.

His emergency ACTIONS were to stop travel into the US from countries hit hardest, including China.

Also, the Feds have limited power over the States per our 10th Amendment.

As you saw, some States not only refused Federal guidance, they took actions that were opposed by Trump (Cuomo putting Covid patients in rest homes, for example).

He did just that!!!!!

He sent New York all those ventilators and even a Navy hospital ship there, even while his political opponents Cuomo and deBlasio attacked him at every opportunity.

Dude, no offense, but you either missed or ignored some seriously important facts about this topic.

Again, I'm not attacking you. The press hides good actions/results from Trump. Its quite possible you're hearing this for the first time.

So now that you found out he did indeed take some major action you called for, can we get some kind of form of "he was right on that" from you?

Yes, I remember it pretty clearly. Better than you do, as we see.

How about you just agree not to attribute words to me unless you're able to source them if asked?

That's not too much to ask, is it?

That said, yes, I have brandished a weapon on the few occasions I've been threatened and felt the need to do so (and to be clear, I do not always respond that way, even when armed).

I've never been assaulted when I did that, even at times when I've been outnumbered or even dealing with a violent person with mental illness.

People tend to simmer down real quick when the person they want to attack has a gun. Its human nature.

To be more clear, I stand by my claim that guns do stop some crimes and do at times protect people from violence.
              And how. All of it..…...Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                True.

But covid mostly kills ppl who are vulnerable and already have those existing conditions.

Obviously im just guessing for now until the numbers come out but I think a lot of covid deaths are ppl with health conditions that were already deadly. Covid just accelerated and pushed it.
                No doubt it's making a bad situation worse. People weren't prepared for this. The part that worries me is when the virus replicates it doesn't always make an exact copy. One of those copies potentially could be a lot more deadly. Given that it is easily spread it could be a disaster. The flip side is it could end up being less dangerous. That's one reason the Sweedish model of no lockdown IMO was foolish.

Comment

• Lol Biden won't even travel to get the nomination.

How in the hell is this clown going to run a country? He won't do interviews, he won't travel, he won't leave his basement. Is this a joke?

Comment

• C'mon man! You a junkie? This chit for real?

Comment

• Oxford compared the countries responses to the pandemic using what they call a stringency index based on lockdowns, border closings, testing, etc.

To compare each country’s responses to the pandemic on a consistent basis, we turned to the work of an Oxford University team that has constructed a stringency index based on 13 policy responses (lockdowns, border closings, tests, etc.) to measure how strongly each country responded over time. The Oxford index shows that 14 days from the date of the 15th confirmed case in each country — a vital early window for action — the U.S. response to the outbreak lagged behind the others by miles. The U.S. stringency score of 5.7 at that point was 25% of Australia’s (23), 23% of Germany’s (25), 18% of Singapore’s (32), and only 15% of South Korea’s (38).
                      He acted too late because he didn't take it seriously.

The China "ban" was a "hoax."

The White House banned flights from China on Feb. 2 but later permitted more than 40,000 travelers from China to enter the U.S. From February through April
                      Testing was a disaster.

Another crucial failure involved testing. Three weeks after the 15th Covid-19 case had been confirmed in the U.S., only about 10,000 tests had been administered. By an equivalent point in its epidemic, South Korea had administered approximately 17 times more tests per capita than the U.S. had done. This testing fiasco crippled vital early contact tracing efforts when hot spots could have been contained.

Here's some actions he could have taken:

By the time South Korea experienced its 15th confirmed case on Feb. 2, it had spearheaded a massive public information campaign, mobilized private sector players to produce testing kits, and expedited regulatory approval for these newly developed tests. Within a week, tests were widely available. Within three weeks, schools and public spaces were closed, large gatherings had been banned, and 26,000 people had been tested.

At a minimum, the president, perhaps through a tough “testing czar,” should have empowered private companies, labs, and hospitals to augment public testing efforts — as South Korean policymakers did — and imported readily available tests from elsewhere if necessary. If there were shortages of testing components, the president should have immediately invoked the Defense Production Act rather than waiting for months to do so for this purpose. And when the CDC and the FDA fumbled early testing efforts, President Trump responded: “I don’t take responsibility at all.”

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/19/...vid-19-deaths/

Instead of acting quickly and getting testing on track, he sat around falsely blaming Obama.
                      Last edited by travestyny; 08-05-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X