• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Intel hires former Russian mob prosecutor to lead Trump probes

House Intel hires former Russian mob prosecutor to lead Trump probes

By ANDREW DESIDERIO
    3-4 minutes
    Adam Schiff

House Intelligence chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) announced on Tuesday that Daniel Goldman joined the committee last month as senior adviser and director of investigations. | J. Scott Applewhite, file/AP Photo

The House Intelligence Committee has hired a seasoned former Southern District of New York federal prosecutor with experience going after Russian organized crime to lead its myriad investigations into President Donald Trump.

Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) announced on Tuesday that Daniel Goldman joined the committee last month as senior adviser and director of investigations. Goldman, who was second-in-command at SDNY’s organized crime unit, has prosecuted the Russian mob and has secured convictions for racketeering, murder and money laundering, including against the Genovese crime family.

Story Continued Below

Goldman was until recently a legal analyst for MSNBC and NBC News, where he often spoke critically of the president’s posture toward the investigations that have ensnared him.

Goldman’s hiring comes as House Democrats continue to ramp up their probes targeting the president, his administration, his presidential campaign and his business empire. Schiff’s committee recently re-opened its Russia investigation, which will focus on whether foreign actors have leverage over Trump, and whether Trump associates colluded with Russian operatives to interfere in the 2016 election.

Schiff has consistently drawn the president’s ire for his investigative ambitions. And on Monday, the House Judiciary Committee drew a fiery response from the White House when it kicked off a wide-ranging investigation into allegations against the president of obstruction of justice, corruption, and abuse of power. Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) sent letters to 81 individuals and en****** associated with Trump, demanding that they turn over documents to the panel as part of its new probe.

In a tweet Tuesday morning, Trump called Nadler’s move “the greatest overreach in the history of our country” and accused Democrats of launching a “big, fat, fishing expedition desperately in search of a crime.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...oldman-1204140

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• The deficit explodes pursuant to republican tax cuts. Smh. The taxes I gotta pay this year is not going to put a dent in this...

https://apple.news/AumWcSWvyRfaegOIwoZjoEA

The U.S. budget deficit widened to $310 billion in the first four months of the fiscal year, underscoring the revenue hit from Republican tax cuts and an increase in government spending.
          The budget gap widened 77 percent compared with the same October-January period a year earlier, according to the Treasury monthly budget report released on Tuesday, which was delayed by the government shutdown. Receipts fell by 2 percent to $1.1 trillion, while spending rose 9 percent to $1.4 trillion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

As I've said many times before:

A sign of high intelligence is changing one's mind as the facts change.

I must ask, would you rather Trump make a decision he later realizes was wrong and he just digs in and says he was right, or do you prefer Trump utter those 3 little words "I was wrong" and then take a different approach?

You tell me....

Comment

What a disgrace, he's a weak individual letting guys like chief neocon warrior John Bolton to back peddle him on bringing troops home.
              Last edited by Lords; 03-05-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                What a disgrace, he's a weak individual letting guys like chief neocon warrior John Bolton to back peddle on bringing troops home.
                So do you feel we need troops in Syria?

I know you have team loyalty and all, but lets try to focus on what really matters here, that being policy.

Comment

Exclusive: 2 months after declaring all US troops are leaving Syria, President Trump wrote to members of Congress that he now agrees "100%" with keeping a military presence in Syria. https://t.co/U8lLHBjWh2
                  — NBC News (@NBCNews) March 5, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    So do you feel we need troops in Syria?

I know you have team loyalty and all, but lets try to focus on what really matters here, that being policy.
                    No, I want to end the wars and bring all the troops home.

We're currently involved in wars that have no win outcome, while investing billions of dollars in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      No, I want to end the wars and bring all the troops home.

We're currently involved in wars that have no win outcome, while investing billions of dollars in them.
                      Then surely you must be able to point me to where you gave Trump some credit when he first said he was bringing the troops home from Syria, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X