No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    Trump won with a slogan build that wall.
    A large portion of Americans who voted for him understood his position on this and they voted yes. So a large portion of Americans do want that wall.

I agree congress isn’t working like it’s suppose to so let’s ask that they do. Get the deal done. Let the republicans have the wall,let the dreamers have a pathway to citizenship.
    Yes he won with that slogan coupled with Mexico will pay for the wall. The people who voted for that slogan was under the impression they wouldn't have to pay for it. And the vast majority of the people voted outright against it.

There is no mandate for

1. A wall to be built

2. Americans to pay to build a wall

Trump hit ya'll with the old switcharoo.

Comment

Personally, I don’t believe the wall would curve down illegal immigration. I think coming down on the businesses that knowingly hire and house illegals would be more effective. That’s just my opinion.
      That D superfan Jim Acosta showed that walls work. Unknowingly of course, because he's an idiot like most superfans are.

But you are right, the problem must be addressed in other ways in addition to the wall.

Going after employers is one of those ways.

Sadly, both parties arent doing that and I'd wager they have no plans to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Yes he won with that slogan coupled with Mexico will pay for the wall. The people who voted for that slogan was under the impression they wouldn't have to pay for it. And the vast majority of the people voted outright against it.

There is no mandate for

1. A wall to be built

Okay... he hit us with the switcharoo.
        Does it STILL not seem like a good idea to compromise on the wall if liberals can get a pathway to citizenship for the dreamers and some of the illegals who are here already?

As 1bad stated Trump isn’t gonna do amnesty or a pathway without the wall because this tactic was already used on Reagan. So why not give in on this?

Comment

There is no mandate for

1. A wall to be built

There you go mid reading again.

And as usual, you're wrong.

I'm a Trump voter, and I'm on record even before the election saying Mexico isnt going to cut us a check for the wall.

Obviously I knew that when I voted Trump.

As for it being rejected, you're simply making that up. There's never been a referendum on it, and as was shown to you, the guy calling for a wall won the election.

You're cheerleading again, and you should know that party cheers usually ain't grounded in truth.

Comment

Does it STILL not seem like a good idea to compromise on the wall if liberals can get a pathway to citizenship for the dreamers and some of the illegals who are here already?

As 1bad stated Trump isn’t gonna do amnesty or a pathway without the wall because this tactic was already used on Reagan. So why not give in on this?
            The decision isn't up to Trump. As I stated previously (not sure why you're ignoring it) immigration reform has been passed by the Senate numerous times. Politics stopped it from getting passed in the House. Just like politics is stopping the Senate from voting on a veto proof bill to reopen the government that they themselves passed just 3 weeks ago.

Our Congress passes law, not the President. If our congress would simply do their jobs, instead of playing politics, the wall/shutdown/immigration reform, would be solved.

The problem is congress. They've given Presidents way to much power. Willingly conceded THEIR power to the executive branch. We need a repeal of the 17th amendment.

Secondly, 1sad65 is a clown. If he's quoting me and i'm not responding that's because I've had him on ignore for damn near a year. He's obsessed with me. Notice how nobody actually talks to him. He goes around talking to people who don't repspond to him. He's a weird, lonely man.
            Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 01-12-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

He's a master of the strawman fallacy.

He uses it over and over and over like a broken record.

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              Exactly.

I actually posted that a day or two ago how stupid Team D was by refusing to negotiate because if Trump uses emergency powers, then they get nothing.

Imo, Team D is used to having the press mindlessly repeat their talking points (Ben Rhodes is on record saying this) and R Presidents and Congresses either caving in or making deals the Democrats can welch on.

Ain't gonna work on Trump.

He's a different animal. Like I say alot, they used to dealing with fellow lifer politicians. A successful private sector man is an animal they ain't seen before, much less has to deal with.

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              As said above, they are used to just getting their way.

Trump dont play that, and is willing to play hardball.

It's like watching the class bully whose been pushing everyone around as long as anyone can remember. But the first time another kid punches him in the face and stands up to him, he dont know what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                That D superfan Jim Acosta showed that walls work. Unknowingly of course, because he's an idiot like most superfans are.

But you are right, the problem must be addressed in other ways in addition to the wall.

Going after employers is one of those ways.

Sadly, both parties arent doing that and I'd wager they have no plans to.
                The wall may have a small effect in keeping people south of the border out, but as I stated to Motor illegals aren’t just Mexicans. There is a growing number of illegal south East Asians coming in. Many of those Chinese restaurants and Asian nail salons are runed by owners who bring in illegals workers from Asia They house them, give them transportation to and from work and feed them all. We don’t hear much about hen cause we don’t see them, but they’re here.
                But again this is not the point I was making to theses guys.

I’m asking hem how they can’t see compromising on the wall in exchange for a pathway for dreamers not a win win?

Is it just about not compromising on anything with Trump?

Comment

The decision isn't up to Trump. As I stated previously (not sure why you're ignoring it) immigration reform has been passed by the Senate numerous times. Politics stopped it from getting passed in the House. Just like politics is stopping the Senate from voting on a veto proof bill to reopen the government that they themselves passed just 3 weeks ago.

Our Congress passes law, not the President. If our congress would simply do their jobs, instead of playing politics, the wall/shutdown/immigration reform, would be solved.

The problem is congress. They've given Presidents way to much power. Willingly conceded THEIR power to the executive branch. We need a repeal of the 17th amendment.

Secondly, 1sad65 is a clown. If he's quoting me and i'm not responding that's because I've had him on ignore for damn near a year. He's obsessed with me. Notice how nobody actually talks to him. He goes around talking to people who don't repspond to him. He's a weird, lonely man.
                  And trump has said he’d veto anything brought to him that didn’t include the wall.

Comment

And trump has said he’d veto anything brought to him that didn’t include the wall.
                    And that's why the constitution was written so that congress can override vetos.

Comment

The decision isn't up to Trump.
                      It is if he invokes emergency powers.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Only a few D superfans like yourself have me on ignore.

And we both know why.

I would ask you direct questions you couldnt duck (which a lovingly call "stumpers" ). When I wouldnt let you off the hook, you intellectually tapped out. Quickly I might add.

I respond to you because of the outright lies you post, and more importantly the racism you spew on a constant basis.

Racism like yours must be confronted and destroyed in open debate. If it's not, it tends to fester and grow.

You'll notice I dont follow around the other superfans who have put me on ignore (despite myself being constantly followed by several superfans I've had to put on ignore). Just you, and as I said it's mainly due to your racism.

Your arguments typically hold no water anyway, but I cant allow your vile and constant racism to spewed unchallenged.

If you dont like me addressing your posts, you can stop it easily. Stop cheerleading, and lost importantly stop spewing racism.

Comment

Working...
                      X