Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Really you did?
    I'll ask again,
    Lastly, where are you getting this info? Where does it say America isn't tough on gun crimes compared to say a knife crime?

The argument about different states with weaker laws is a joke. Why is it that when we have these mass shootings the shooter bought the gun from his home state AND went through the legal process? Passed a background check ect.
    My answer was -I didn't post or imply America isn't tough on gun crime. I made no comment about the laws. I asked if the answer for all other crimes is "to get tougher" through tougher laws then that should be the same answer for gun crimes. However many pro gun people argue tougher laws will not work.

How is it a joke when it perfectly illustrates the issue. I even gave examples with fireworks. Just because you can't refute it doesn't make it a joke. Where else are people purchasing illegal firearms?

Mass shootings is one part of gun crimes. Gun crimes encompasses much more than that and you know this. Obviously if you can purchase firearms legally you will. Javi mentioned the states with toughest gun laws. My response was to that.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        My answer was -I didn't post or imply America isn't tough on gun crime. I made no comment about the laws. I asked if the answer for all other crimes is "to get tougher" through tougher laws then that should be the same answer for gun crimes. However many pro gun people argue tougher laws will not work.

How is it a joke when it perfectly illustrates the issue. I even gave examples with fireworks. Just because you can't refute it doesn't make it a joke. Where else are people purchasing illegal firearms?

Mass shootings is one part of gun crimes. Gun crimes encompasses much more than that and you know this. Obviously if you can purchase firearms legally you will. Javi mentioned the states with toughest gun laws. My response was to that.
        I think you're twisting things here. You talking gun laws or gun crimes?
        We have plenty of gun laws on the books as you know and as I've explained to you many times.
        Gun crimes? Sure have at it, again why do liberal states allow these people to get out early ect. I used California as a reference because they don't want to seem to hold anyone anymore unless you murder someone. Then they still don't allow the death penalty.

You guys love to talk mass shootings so yeah I used it as a talking point. Like I said so many crimes are committed with a legal firearm.

You seem to be in a bit of a pickle. Liberal states want none of the death penalty. They also can no longer hold criminals because of lack of funding.
        Or they want to give them a second chance. Sounds like you need to talk to your reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I can't believe you are taking it this way. I did not mean you literally posted that so there is no way I am going to try and prove you did. You know this but have decided to pretend because it allows you to avoid answering a tough question.

I guess its better to run and hide than fight and lose.

I hope you stay true to your word.Make sure you never post again in this thread since I can't find those posts.

Be literal all the time, not just when it allows you to hide from a tough question.
          I go by what you write (another way of saying I go by what you say).....

you put me in that category even tho I never stated such..... so I proceeded the way I did....

I explained myself clear....

im pro 2nd..... but im for the "well regulated" stuff... background checks etc

im for the wall imo no borders no country.....
          there are LEGAL means to get in this country, people do it all the time why should USA cater to some people because those people feel like it? Why are they coming over here and trying to change "our" laws?

if they really wanted change they should do a revolution in their country.... but they probably cant since citizens in those countries ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE WEAPONS. Even the new president of brazil wants to arm his public to deter criminals who constantly commit crime EVERYDAY over there.

Go try it....

Take a vacation in a southern country... but you cant show any type of money or anything cuz you will most likely get robbed.

Comment

• More People Tuned In To Watch Dem Rebuttal Than Trump’s Address

By Nicole Lafond
            January 9, 2019 12:39 pm

The TV president has met his match.
            According to preliminary figures highlighted by The Hollywood Reporter, more people tuned in to watch Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) (awkwardly) stand side-by-side to rebut President Trump’s Oval Office address on the border wall than Trump’s primetime speech.

Four percent more people tuned in to watch the second quarter of the nine o’clock hour when Pelosi and Schumer spoke than the first part of the hour when Trump’s speech was broadcast across ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News and NBC, according to the Hollywood Reporter’s assessment of the figures:
            The quarter hour (9-9:15 p.m. ET) containing the president’s speech drew a combined 28.1 household rating in metered markets on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News and NBC. The following 15 minutes, including analysis and the Pelosi-Schumer rebuttal, averaged 29.3 across those same networks, a bump of about 4 percent.
            Full ratings will reportedly be available later on in the day.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...-trump-address

Comment

• Comment

• The art of the deal folks......

Comment

• This congresswoman is putting right wing nubbers in their place on the daily. Hahahahaha !

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    The art of the deal folks......

Gee, another anonymous source.

Some things never change.

You're about as predictable as the sun coming up every morning.

Comment

• Remember you D superfans, an impasse means BOTH sides can't come to an agreement.

While you solely blame Trump for not budging, your team ain't budging either.

On top of that, both Pelosi and Schumer are on record speaking for a wall and/or voting for a wall in Congress.

Only after Trump wanted a wall did they flip-flop and suddenly oppose a wall.

Meanwhile Trump's been consistent on this. From the beginning of his campaign to now he's been saying he's for a border wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X