No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    MAYBE they should send a letter to the Dems also. They can end this also.
    You hear Trump say he might declare a national emergency and bypass Congress to build the wall? How does the libertarian in you feel about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      You hear Trump say he might declare a national emergency and bypass Congress to build the wall? How does the libertarian in you feel about that?
      Ain't nothing wrong with that.

One of the stated duties of the Federal Government is to defend the nation. That includes securing our borders.

Comment

Feels just fine thanks for asking. Pay now or pay later when they get here.
        Im looking to the future.
        You know the funny part is, they all WANTED A WALL. Now all the sudden they dont lol.

Are you for abortion? Gay marriage? Im sure theres things you dont fully agree with as a Dem.

Comment

Feels just fine thanks for asking. Pay now or pay later when they get here.
          Im looking to the future.
          You know the funny part is, they all WANTED A WALL. Now all the sudden they dont lol.

Are you for abortion? Gay marriage? Im sure theres things you dont fully agree with as a Dem.
          So you're saying the libertarian in you is ok with the federal govt seizing private property without due process?

p.s. I"m not a Democrat

Comment

So you're saying the libertarian in you is ok with the federal govt seizing private property without due process?

p.s. I"m not a Democrat
            There you go with those strawmen again.

He said nothing of the sort.

Why must you do that all the time?

If your side is right, why must you always flat out lie about what the other side says?

Comment

p.s. I"m not a Democrat
              What are you then? Who do you vote for?

Im not ok with a lot of things but it happens everyday. Freeway, streets ect. Without due process? I heard they are welcome to go to court over the matter.

Im not ok with Ca. and the bullet train either but what does that matter? I bet a lot of those you support, support that train. Do you support it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                There you go with those strawmen again.

He said nothing of the sort.

Why must you do that all the time?

If your side is right, why must you always flat out lie about what the other side says?

Comment

Im not ok with a lot of things but it happens everyday. Freeway, streets ect. Without due process? I heard they are welcome to go to court over the matter.

Im not ok with Ca. and the bullet train either but what does that matter? I bet a lot of those you support, support that train. Do you support it?
                  But you're a libertarian. Libertarians I know have a core set of principles they don't waver from. You seem to waver a lot. Red flags go off when a libertarian hears a President start to talk about declaring national emergencies to bypass the constitution.

Comment

But you're a libertarian. Libertarians I know have a core set of principles they don't waver from. You seem to waver a lot. Red flags go off when a libertarian hears a President start to talk about declaring national emergencies to bypass the constitution.
                    Answer his questions and quit trying to score Gotcha! points on him.

You have a serious problem with rational two-way discourse, don't you?

Fyi genius, whenever someone has land taken via Eminent Domain, they are reimbursed for it. You seem to think, or are trying to twist it into, these people just get their land taken and get nothing in return.

I myself have family that happened to. One of their businesses was on land that was needed for a road, overpass, or bridge (I cant recall which). Not only were they reimbursed, they were paid over market value for their land.

It was enough to reopen that business nearby, and after buying that new land and renovating the existing building on it to suit their business, they still had money left over.

Comment

With the incident involving my family, the entity taking it (city or county, but I cant recall) negotiated with them for several months beforehand before coming to an agreed upon price.

And as I said, they ended up getting well over market value the land. (Yet another example of Government mismanagement and waste, but that's another story )

Comment

Working...
                      X