No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Huh??? Wtf are you talking about? Have you ever been to paradise CA.??
    I fish and hunt that area and it's a forest. Plumas national Forest.
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
    From what I have read, the Camp Fire in Paradise initially spread over relatively open ground with a lot of dead grass and dried out saplings as a result of the drought

In other words, thousands of acres of kindling

By the time it reached the actual forest, it was a full blown inferno driven along by huge winds

Same thing in Malibu - parched vegetation and open expanses of land

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
      From what I have read, the Camp Fire in Paradise initially spread over relatively open ground with a lot of dead grass and dried out saplings as a result of the drought

In other words, thousands of acres of kindling

By the time it reached the actual forest, it was a full blown inferno driven along by huge winds

Same thing in Malibu - parched vegetation and open expanses of land
      It's all mixed in the forest. We have dry grass and trees. Jerry Brown declared the drought over last year I dunno why people keep saying that, also on my links page.
      People think of Cali as some nice cool place when it's not. So Cal is a desert, norcal is wet in the winter 30 degree's, summer is 100 degrees. We've had three very wet winter's the last three years. Guess what happens? The forest grows more and summer dries it out.
      Look up our snowpack for the last three years. Yeah I say our because I'm about 20min from the boarder.

The main lake I fish in Cali is still full and we're about to start the wet season. We have 5 days of rain in the forecast starting Wednesday.

Look at the links or look up Jerry brown declared drought over on Google if you don't trust me.

Comment

I just posted a link to the CARB site that says when you can and cannot burn. Maybe you should read the links.
        Listen kid I lived up against the Cleveland National Forest for 19 yrs.

You’re not telling me anything I’m not aware of.

But when you say “They're more concerned about the air and look what that lead too”.

I can’t take you seriously....

[IMG]In July of 2008, the Air District passed Regulation 6, Rule 3: Wood-Burning Devices to reduce fine particulate matter air pollution from wood smoke. Don't Burn Wood during Winter Spare the Air Alerts Under this regulation, it is illegal to burn wood, firelogs, pellets, or other solid fuels in your fireplace, woodstove, outdoor fire pit, or other wood-burning device on days for which the Air District issues a Winter Spare the Air Alert. The Winter Spare the Air Alert season runs from November 1 through the end of February. Check Before You Burn By signing up for NEW text alerts! To sign up, text the word “START” to the number 817-57 Call 1-877-4NO-BURN Check the Winter Spare the Air Alert status on the Spare the Air website home page and on www.baaqmd.gov. Sign up for e-mail EnviroFlash AirAlert notifications. Sign up for automatic phone call alerts online or by calling 1-800-430-1515. Local radio and TV news media will also carry announcements. Beginning in 2016, residents whose sole source of heat is a wood-burning device must use an EPA-certified or pellet-fueled device that is registered with the Air District to quality for an exemption from the burn ban. An open hearth fireplace or non-EPA-certified stove no longer qualifies for an exemption. Other Conditions of the Rule Beginning November 1, 2016, no wood-burning devices are allowed in new buildings constructed in the Bay Area. Gas-fueled fireplaces and logs, gas inserts, and electrical fireplaces are okay. Prior to November 1, 2016, the only wood-burning devices allowed in new construction are EPA-certified wood-burning or pellet-fueled devices. Beginning November 1, 2016, Bay Area residents who begin a chimney or fireplace remodeling project that costs over $15,000 and requires a building permit will only be allowed to install a gas-fueled, electric or EPA-certified device. The rule also places year-round prohibitions on excessive chimney smoke and the burning of garbage, plastics, or other harmful materials in fireplaces and woodstoves. Residents and businesses should burn clean, dry wood in short, hot fires with plenty of air in order to reduce air pollution from smoky and inefficient fires. Firewood suppliers are required to appropriately label their wood as “seasoned” or “unseasoned." Seasoned wood has a low moisture content and burns more cleanly than unseasoned wood. Here is the latest information about the labeling requirement. Activities Not Prohibited The rule does NOT (a) completely ban fireplaces and wood stoves or completely prohibit wood-burning in the Bay Area, or (b) require the replacement of existing fireplaces or wood stoves when a house is sold. Here is more detailed information about how to comply with the Air District's wood-burning regulation. Exemptions There are some exemptions to the wood-burning ban during Winter Spare the Air Alerts. These are discussed in this Exemption Guidance Document. Effective November 1, 2016, recent wood-burning rule amendments require anyone whose sole source of heat is a wood-burning device to utilize an EPA-certified or pellet-fueled device that is registered with the Air District for an exemption from the burn ban. An open hearth fireplace will no longer qualify for an exemption. Fires for cooking are not prohibited during Winter Spare the Air Alerts, but we ask the public to be mindful of air quality, and recommend the use of gas and propane barbecues rather than wood or charcoal-fired cooking devices on these days. Home Heating Financial Assistance Programs The Air District has put together a fact sheet in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese with information about financial assistance programs for those who need help paying for their home heating needs. Winter Spare the Air Fact Sheet The Air District has put together a fact sheet with information about the Winter Spare the Air program and wood burning rule.[/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
          Listen kid I lived up against the Cleveland National Forest for 19 yrs.

You’re not telling me anything I’m not aware of.

But when you say “They're more concerned about the air and look what that lead too”.

I can’t take you seriously....

[IMG]In July of 2008, the Air District passed Regulation 6, Rule 3: Wood-Burning Devices to reduce fine particulate matter air pollution from wood smoke. Don't Burn Wood during Winter Spare the Air Alerts Under this regulation, it is illegal to burn wood, firelogs, pellets, or other solid fuels in your fireplace, woodstove, outdoor fire pit, or other wood-burning device on days for which the Air District issues a Winter Spare the Air Alert. The Winter Spare the Air Alert season runs from November 1 through the end of February. Check Before You Burn By signing up for NEW text alerts! To sign up, text the word “START” to the number 817-57 Call 1-877-4NO-BURN Check the Winter Spare the Air Alert status on the Spare the Air website home page and on www.baaqmd.gov. Sign up for e-mail EnviroFlash AirAlert notifications. Sign up for automatic phone call alerts online or by calling 1-800-430-1515. Local radio and TV news media will also carry announcements. Beginning in 2016, residents whose sole source of heat is a wood-burning device must use an EPA-certified or pellet-fueled device that is registered with the Air District to quality for an exemption from the burn ban. An open hearth fireplace or non-EPA-certified stove no longer qualifies for an exemption. Other Conditions of the Rule Beginning November 1, 2016, no wood-burning devices are allowed in new buildings constructed in the Bay Area. Gas-fueled fireplaces and logs, gas inserts, and electrical fireplaces are okay. Prior to November 1, 2016, the only wood-burning devices allowed in new construction are EPA-certified wood-burning or pellet-fueled devices. Beginning November 1, 2016, Bay Area residents who begin a chimney or fireplace remodeling project that costs over $15,000 and requires a building permit will only be allowed to install a gas-fueled, electric or EPA-certified device. The rule also places year-round prohibitions on excessive chimney smoke and the burning of garbage, plastics, or other harmful materials in fireplaces and woodstoves. Residents and businesses should burn clean, dry wood in short, hot fires with plenty of air in order to reduce air pollution from smoky and inefficient fires. Firewood suppliers are required to appropriately label their wood as “seasoned” or “unseasoned." Seasoned wood has a low moisture content and burns more cleanly than unseasoned wood. Here is the latest information about the labeling requirement. Activities Not Prohibited The rule does NOT (a) completely ban fireplaces and wood stoves or completely prohibit wood-burning in the Bay Area, or (b) require the replacement of existing fireplaces or wood stoves when a house is sold. Here is more detailed information about how to comply with the Air District's wood-burning regulation. Exemptions There are some exemptions to the wood-burning ban during Winter Spare the Air Alerts. These are discussed in this Exemption Guidance Document. Effective November 1, 2016, recent wood-burning rule amendments require anyone whose sole source of heat is a wood-burning device to utilize an EPA-certified or pellet-fueled device that is registered with the Air District for an exemption from the burn ban. An open hearth fireplace will no longer qualify for an exemption. Fires for cooking are not prohibited during Winter Spare the Air Alerts, but we ask the public to be mindful of air quality, and recommend the use of gas and propane barbecues rather than wood or charcoal-fired cooking devices on these days. Home Heating Financial Assistance Programs The Air District has put together a fact sheet in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese with information about financial assistance programs for those who need help paying for their home hea weting needs. Winter Spare the Air Fact Sheet The Air District has put together a fact sheet with information about the Winter Spare the Air program and wood burning rule.[/IMG]
          Wtf does Cleveland have to do with California laws and regulations???

We have to protect public health. That’s our mandate.’
          Dar Mims, CARB
          Here's the states site saying if you can burn.
          http://www.airquality.org/residents/...efore-you-burn

Even when the permit is done and the weather is right and crews are available, the air might already be too polluted to add more smoke to the mix. Air regulators grant permission for burn days, and it’s hard to get: regional atmospheric conditions mean that smoke from Sierra Nevada forests funnels toward the central valley, where air pollution is consistently bad.
          More

"We have to protect public health; that's our mandate,” says Dar Mims, a meteorologist with the California Air Resources Board. “But we also recognize that we need burning in the forest, and a lot of those trade-offs have to happen in real time because the decisions have to be made—do we want to potentially impact the air basin, or do we want to burn.”
          Why can't you just read up on this stuff? Is politics more important than saving lives?

Comment

Wtf does Cleveland have to do with California laws and regulations???

Here's the states site saying if you can burn.

More

Why can't you just read up on this stuff? Is politics more important than saving lives?

The Cleveland National Forest is in Southern California you ignorant bastard.

I’m done with you....Find another clueless Trumpanzee to bump dickheads with.

May I suggest you do some reading ya dumb truck....

Comment

The Cleveland National Forest is in Southern California you ignorant bastard.

I’m done with you....Find another clueless Trumpanzee to bump dickheads with.

May I suggest you do some reading ya dumb truck....

Lol insults? Why would I want to read up on socal? See I'm not from socal I'm from norcal where this fire is happening where Trump visited.
              I've provided you with all the info and you just want to ignore it. That's fine it's posted for others to see.

Comment

Huh??? Wtf are you talking about? Have you ever been to paradise CA.??
                I fish and hunt that area and it's a forest. Plumas national Forest.
                https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
                He’s talking about the city of Paradise not being a forest but a city. One that is all buildings.

Comment

Lol insults? Why would I want to read up on socal? See I'm not from socal I'm from norcal where this fire is happening where Trump visited.
                  I've provided you with all the info and you just want to ignore it. That's fine it's posted for others to see.
                  No backtracking trying to save face punk.

Face it you’re ignorant.

So K...I don’t care where you’re from.

Makes me no difference.

Ignorance will always follow you.

Fool some of the people some of the time.

You know the rest...

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    He’s talking about the city of Paradise not being a forest but a city. One that is all buildings.
                    I know what he's talking about, I fish the area and hunt the area.
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=city...91tAv492zDf1pM

There's a small City in the woods dude.
                    Here's a video before the fires
                    https://youtu.be/-r_nMtXGpuI
                    Last edited by man down; 11-19-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

No backtracking trying to save face punk.

Face it you’re ignorant.

So K...I don’t care where you’re from.

Makes me no difference.

Ignorance will always follow you.

Fool some of the people some of the time.

You know the rest...

I'm not back tracking anything but you might be soon.
                      What did the air resources board link I posted say???????
                      You're too pig headed to admit your wrong.
                      I posted pics of firemen with rakes and yet you ignore them and continue your BS and lies.
                      It's ok bud come out of the basement. Take a look around. Think for yourself and don't let others memes lead you around.

Comment

Working...
                      X