No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Here's Trump calling his supporters stupid to their faces.

Where did he call anyone stupid??

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
      Gold is looking pretty good right now. I might pick up 10k.
      That would be a horrible investment. Just look at the historical prices of gold. It’s abysmal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        It is much more than unemployment. Obama's employment numbers were on minimal wage job, while manufacturing and high paying job were on the decline under Obama.

There are a lot more factors than unemployment rate. Consumer confidence and financial indicators were not too good under Obama.
        The financial system was broken when Obama came to power

Not saying that he did a great job (he didn't) but it was an entirely different environment to what Trump inherited

Comment

• Vlad is hitting the nails on their heads.

Only managing 2% GDP growth in the face of low interest rates (I believe they were record lows) is really bad.

That's a key way to boost an economy such as ours, and even that couldn't boost it over lower than average growth.

People shouldn't be making excuses for failed policies, they should instead analyze them in an effort to identify why they failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            It is much more than unemployment. Obama's employment numbers were on minimal wage job, while manufacturing and high paying job were on the decline under Obama.

There are a lot more factors than unemployment rate. Consumer confidence and financial indicators were not too good under Obama.
            Signs of inflation is what the Fed looks for when determining whether to raise rate. Lower unemployment usually signals coming inflation.

In times of low unemployment, the demand for labor (by employers) exceeds the supply. In such a tight labor market, employers typically need to pay higher wages to attract employees, ultimately leading to rising wage inflation.

So it depends on how tight the labour market is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              Objectively? Ok I’ll put aside that he is completely idiotic.

In can’t say he’s a bad potus at this point. To be fair I need to see the totality. I have always maintained that if the economy is still strong when he leaves I’ll give him his due credit. I’m pissed today due to the stock market tumble but it is the stock market.

I strongly disagree with his tax plan. It’s scam. It makes me and those like me for his, and those like him, tax cut. Trickle down economics is illogical and has never worked long term.

Our military in its worst state smashed the next five militaries all together. Name any three countries together that has our capabilities. Our military is great and isn’t crippled as the republicans say. It’s their line. They want to feed the military machine and primarily the suppliers. Repluicans spend on military supply corps and the democrats spend on the less fortunate. Both spend. That’s what government does. I’d rather spend we’re we need it. All we need to do with the military is maintain it and make sure it’s edge persists. That’s it.

Immigration is a joke. Immigration can be stopped immediately and easily. Just send the military to the border. Even the cartels won’t mess with that. But of course that’s not what the Republicans want. They just use the issue to garner votes. They give a damn about keeping people out. In fact they want the cheap Labor to make them more rich.

I appreciate his efforts to protect American jobs. I’m all for that. Not sure if tariffs are the answer. I hope it is.

His stance on the environment is atrocious and obviously incorrect.

Him attempting to make the Supreme Court conservative is not in the best interest of the country. Always ask yourself what are conservatives trying to conserve? For a fact it’s not your or my pocket book and rights, it’s theirs.
              Stock market dropped just like they did a few months ago, and ever since Trump is POTUS. Obama's economy was a paper economy. and the federal interest rate was flat bottomed at 0.25% throughout his entire presidency. Trump's economy is producing real results, and the fed is gradually raising the interest rate back to it's "normal" rate.

source: tradingeconomics.com

As for sending military to the border, unless the country is in a state of war or crisis, the president can not just send the military where he wants, unless the states ask for it. Of course having soldiers intercepting families (or shooting them to enforce the border) would be a human rights nightmare, especially in today's world, so of course you can see why no state would make such a request.

Trump is making the SCOTUS conservative, because for the last I don't know how many decades, it has been liberal. You had 4 vs. 4 with Kennedy being the unpredictable justice who was a "maverick" like McCain. Of course the SCOTUS should not be political on paper, but in practice that's impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Vlad is hitting the nails on their heads.

Only managing 2% GDP growth in the face of low interest rates (I believe they were record lows) is really bad.

That's a key way to boost an economy such as ours, and even that couldn't boost it over lower than average growth.

People shouldn't be making excuses for failed policies, they should instead analyze them in an effort to identify why they failed.
                This guy has never grasped it. They never called it a recession but the Great Recession. The most severe since the Great Depression.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  The financial system was broken when Obama came to power

Not saying that he did a great job (he didn't) but it was an entirely different environment to what Trump inherited
                  Yet it started improving as soon as Trump started cutting all the BS regulations that were choking economic prosperity. It didn't "just happen". Trump abolished and modified so many regulations for that to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Signs of inflation is what the Fed looks for when determining whether to raise rate. Lower unemployment usually signals coming inflation.

In times of low unemployment, the demand for labor (by employers) exceeds the supply. In such a tight labor market, employers typically need to pay higher wages to attract employees, ultimately leading to rising wage inflation.

So it depends on how tight the labour market is.
                    You have it the other way around. The rate is dropped to push business to invest and create new factories and therefore new job positions. The feds kept the interest rates low under Obama to facilitate job growth and economic prosperity, but that was artificial. The rate was rock bottom for eight years under Obama. Trump is actually setting a playing field to promote creating jobs without relying on the fed, and therefore the fed is raising the interest rate back to "normal" levels...

In an environment with high inflation and low interest rates, it becomes relatively more expensive to save and relatively less expensive to consume. Banks that borrow funds at low interest rates can pass lower cost of debt on to consumers who have mortgages, auto loans or credit cards. In a lower interest rate environment, businesses are more likely to undertake capital investments such as the expansion of facilities or machinery, both of which stimulate employment. The lower cost of debt to businesses also encourages expansion and keeps them from behaving too conservatively in times of weak aggregate demand.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X