X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    Educate us please.
    Not sure exactly what you’re after, so apologies if I’m being patronising with any of this:

“Zero-hour contracts” are, literally, ones where an employee has no contracted hours I.e. rather than the usual 40 hour working week with anything above that constituting overtime, you work as required. So you might well end up doing a regular 40 hour week, but then you only end up working 16 hours over the next month because the company doesn’t need you. They also tend to have no contractual benefits such as sick pay or holiday. There’s no security and potentially no earnings. In short, they’re not actually jobs.

In the U.K., the Conservative government changed the policy under which such phantom ‘jobs’ were reported, changing those on zero-hour contracts to count under ‘employed’ statistics, thus ‘reducing’ unemployment by massaging the figures rather than improving the economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
      Not sure exactly what you’re after, so apologies if I’m being patronising with any of this:

“Zero-hour contracts” are, literally, ones where an employee has no contracted hours I.e. rather than the usual 40 hour working week with anything above that constituting overtime, you work as required. So you might well end up doing a regular 40 hour week, but then you only end up working 16 hours over the next month because the company doesn’t need you. They also tend to have no contractual benefits such as sick pay or holiday. There’s no security and potentially no earnings. In short, they’re not actually jobs.

In the U.K., the Conservative government changed the policy under which such phantom ‘jobs’ were reported, changing those on zero-hour contracts to count under ‘employed’ statistics, thus ‘reducing’ unemployment by massaging the figures rather than improving the economy.
      That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Comment

• Dementia

Comment

• Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
          That's similar to what I do. I don't have set hours I work. I have a set time to finish a job. And I'm not just with one company. I'm with various companies in the field. I'm not even sure if I'm counted as employed or unemployed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            That's similar to what I do. I don't have set hours I work. I have a set time to finish a job. And I'm not just with one company. I'm with various companies in the field. I'm not even sure if I'm counted as employed or unemployed.
            I bet you are counted as employed.

Comment

Dementia

Not dementia just full blown ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                I bet you are counted as employed.
                I'm not on a payroll. Companies report me as an expense.

Comment

I'm not on a payroll. Companies report me as an expense.
                  Expense to a contractor?
                  Do you pay income taxes?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Expense to a contractor?
                    Do you pay income taxes?
                    Federal & State Income, SS, medicare in April.

I'm guessing they report me as an expense because i invoice them

Comment

• Does *****'s complete lack of empathy/attention/understanding of any sort of the 4,500 people who died from Hurricane Maria make him a total piece of garbage?

Comment

Working...
                      X