No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    The whole genesis of the investigation is that trump got and revealed dirt from Russia about Hillary.

Hillary is obviously part of the corrupt establishment, along with dnc and media..
    Media isn’t going to cover or investigate
    Dnc is going to protect her at all costs..

She is never going to get properly investigated

Remember when Hillary destroyed evidence under subpoena and nothing happened?

Remember when Seth rich was killed and “robbed” yet nothing was taken from him? Never investigated

Remember all of Bill Clinton’s sexual assaults that were brushed aside?

Remember when Hillary blatantly lied about Benghazi, and nothing happened.

Remembering when Hillary had her lawyers rewrite Comey’s official report so Hillary was not “grossly negligent” just “extremely careless”.. gross negligence is a crime, extremely careless is not

Why would Hillary colluding with media to rig debates or Hillary colluding with dnc to rig primaries result in anything
    Republicans control the House and Senate. Sessions, a Republican and Trump appointee, is head of the Dept of Justice. Why aren't they investigating Hillary if there is evidence to charge her with a crime?

Sessions has so far resisted these calls for a special counsel, telling Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) during a House Judiciary Committee hearing in mid-November that it would take “a factual basis that meets the standard of a special counsel” for an appointment to happen.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Republicans control the House and Senate. Sessions, a Republican and Trump appointee, is head of the Dept of Justice. Why aren't they investigating Hillary if there is evidence to charge her with a crime?
      Republican establishment that hates trump and tried everything in the primary to derail him

I have no doubt republican establishment is secretly plotting against trump

Regardless, why do you have such a hard on about trump, but never mention any democrat scandals

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Republican establishment that hates trump and tried everything in the primary to derail him

I have no doubt republican establishment is secretly plotting against trump

Regardless, why do you have such a hard on about trump, but never mention any democrat scandals
        Sessions isn't the establishment. He was the first Republican Senator to endorse Trump. He's head of the DOJ. This is what he says about the Hillary investigation.

Sessions has so far resisted these calls for a special counsel, telling Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) during a House Judiciary Committee hearing in mid-November that it would take "a factual basis that meets the standard of a special counsel" for an appointment to happen. However, Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd soon after sent a letter to Judiciary Committee Chair Goodlatte explaining that Sessions had directed senior federal prosecutors to look into the matters Goodlatte raised in his letters, and "whether any matters merit the appointment of a Special Counsel."

Comment

• Comment

The President does not have the authority to order the DOJ to open an investigation. He can request or suggest, but cannot order them to investigate Hillary. Too bad he doesn't illegally use the IRS to target opposing parties the way Obama did.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              The President does not have the authority to order the DOJ to open an investigation. He can request or suggest, but cannot order them to investigate Hillary. Too bad he doesn't illegally use the IRS to target opposing parties the way Obama did.
              Not according to Trump:

Asked whether he would order the Justice Department to reopen the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, Mr. Trump appeared to remain focused on the Russia investigation.

“I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department,” he said, echoing claims by his supporters that as president he has the power to open or end an investigation. “But for purposes of hopefully thinking I’m going to be treated fairly, I’ve stayed uninvolved with this particular matter.”
              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/u...orea.html?_r=0

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 01-02-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Not according to Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/u...orea.html?_r=0

You're making this too easy for me...he does not have the authority to order the investigation.

Laurence Tribe, Professor of Constitutional Law, Harvard Law School

(Via email “Under the laws and Justice Department regulations governing federal prosecution, a President Trump would not have legal authority to direct the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to ‘look into’ Hillary Clinton’s email situation or the Clinton Foundation or anything else. That’s not within a President’s power.

http://fortune.com/2016/10/10/donald...llary-clinton/

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  You're making this too easy for me...he does not have the authority to order the investigation.

Laurence Tribe, Professor of Constitutional Law, Harvard Law School

(Via email “Under the laws and Justice Department regulations governing federal prosecution, a President Trump would not have legal authority to direct the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to ‘look into’ Hillary Clinton’s email situation or the Clinton Foundation or anything else. That’s not within a President’s power.

http://fortune.com/2016/10/10/donald...llary-clinton/
                  So we both agree that Trump is wrong. That's a good place to start.

Now go back to the original post you quoted me. Did I say anywhere in that post that Trump can order an investigation? Or were my posts focused on the Republican congress and the Sessions led DOJ?

Comment

• You're obfuscating by focusing on minutiae.

The fact is certain people, namely Comey, Hillary, and now Huma Abedin, can commit crimes but they avoid being charged by the Justice Department for whatever reason.

Meanwhile the Justice Dept digs and digs on Russian collusion conspiracy theories despite still having ZERO evidence of collusion.

Comment

So we both agree that Trump is wrong. That's a good place to start.

Now go back to the original post you quoted me. Did I say anywhere in that post that Trump can order an investigation? Or were my posts focused on the Republican congress and the Sessions led DOJ?
                      Sessions is working on something bigger. Getting their ducks in a row. My guess is they will go into this with an airtight investigation so that she can't weasel her way out.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-...linton-2017-12

Comment

Working...
                      X