No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
    Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin. Neither were all that unusual cases back then. I'm old enough to remember some of it.
    I am as well. However, maybe the world is changing for the better. Its not ok to be a known pedophile/sexual predator and be Senator, even if you are a Republican in a Republican state.

Comment

• Liberals still can't grasp that we are "innocent until proven guilty".

Not only that, we now know the supposed proof this one woman had against Moore was fabricated.

I normally don't wish ill upon others, but I hope all of you condemning Moore are falsely accused, and then convicted, of a crime you didn't commit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I am as well. However, maybe the world is changing for the better. Its not ok to be a known pedophile/sexual predator and be Senator, even if you are a Republican in a Republican state.
        Maybe it is in some things (others not so much), but that's really not the point. The point is the principle of forbidding ex post facto is part of the foundation of the country. So much so that it's part of the Constitution. You can't in good faith condemn someone for doing something that was considered legally and morally ok at the time he did it......even after mores change over the decades. It's like jumping Lucille Ball's **** for smoking on TV......despite the fact that she was doing it at a time when damn near everybody smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Liberals still can't grasp that we are "innocent until proven guilty".

Not only that, we now know the supposed proof this one woman had against Moore was fabricated.

I normally don't wish ill upon others, but I hope all of you condemning Moore are falsely accused, and then convicted, of a crime you didn't commit.
          Can someone tell 1bad65 that this is the court of public opinion and not a criminal court. "innocent until proven guilty" applies to someone that has been arrested and charged, not someone running for Senate.

Roy Moore refused to do any events with press for 10 days so he wouldn't have to answer any questions. Had he, he would've been able to rebut these accusations in public. He made the choice not to and it made him look guilty.

Comment

Maybe it is in some things (others not so much), but that's really not the point. The point is the principle of forbidding ex post facto is part of the foundation of the country. So much so that it's part of the Constitution. You can't in good faith condemn someone for doing something that was considered legally and morally ok at the time he did it......even after mores change over the decades. It's like jumping Lucille Ball's **** for smoking on TV......despite the fact that she was doing it at a time when damn near everybody smoked.
            It is never morally ok to have sex with a child. I don't know that it was legal either but Yes in many areas of the country very young girls get married. However, when you run for public office society is going to judge that behavior through their votes.

With all due respect, your smoking analogy is a bad one because the majority of Americans smoked, the majority of Americans did not have sex with or sexually pursue underage girls.

I do understand your point though-some things are changing but core values are probably not.

Comment

It is never morally ok to have sex with a child. I don't know that it was legal either but Yes in many areas of the country very young girls get married. However, when you run for public office society is going to judge that behavior through their votes.

With all due respect, your smoking analogy is a bad one because the majority of Americans smoked, the majority of Americans did not have sex with or sexually pursue underage girls.

I do understand your point though-some things are changing but core values are probably not.
              I would hazard to say that most Americans were also ok with Elvis marrying a 14 year old Priscilla. And Jerry Lee Lewis raised eyebrows NOT because his wife was 13, it was because she was his cousin. Inbreeding was frowned upon, young teen girls marrying older dudes was not.

Comment

I would hazard to say that most Americans were also ok with Elvis marrying a 14 year old Priscilla. And Jerry Lee Lewis raised eyebrows NOT because his wife was 13, it was because she was his cousin. Inbreeding was frowned upon, young teen girls marrying older dudes was not.
                Again, a different time. I get your point- Elvis and Jerry lee Lewis didn't get backlash because of the values during the time. Nowadays, it is frowned upon. Look at r kelly and the backlash in Hollywood.

Also we have much more movement throughout the country. As rust belt cities die and east/west coast urban centers become too expensive, people are moving to less expensive states. Demographics are changing and they are bringing their values with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Liberals still can't grasp that we are "innocent until proven guilty".

Look how the liberals in the media and Hollywood defended Bill Clinton and his MANY brushes with predatory sexual conduct. When Clinton was doing it they said "it's no one's business what he does behind closed doors". His sex-life was no one's business.

Look at Conyers. Pelosi and Waters defend him to the death until they could no longer cover for him. Al Franken's history of sexual misconduct that was known by his colleagues for decades. All of the liberal politicians who accepted campaign donations from Harvey Weinstein (and never returned that dirty money) and are seen in photo ops with him knowing full well his reputation for being a rapist.

Those are only a few examples of the many cases of sexual debauchery that liberals are known for--won't even get into the ones who got away with murder like Gary Condit and others.

Comment

• Trump and his tards took some kicking last night, but it will be small beer compared to s-storm that is coming down the pipe from Mueller. The whole rotten maga con is going to be exposed for what it is - a Russian counter intelligence operation to remove sanctions and get their compromised by debt, money laundering and scandals creature Trump elected president. Impeach and remove.

Comment

Can someone tell 1bad65 that this is the court of public opinion and not a criminal court.
                      well the person who said moore did it redacted and said it was a forgery?

that wouldnt change your mind about it not even the slightest? Or are you already hard set on that he's guilty even tho she made it up?

thats pretty much my issue with all this nonsense...

all you have to do is be accused and your life is over.... and thats not what america is about and If I was moore I would sue her for damages to his name etc

Comment

Working...
                      X