Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Keanu Reeves be the G.O.A.T.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an article about him and how generous he is with his money. He has lost a lot of people in his life. Apparently he gave a large chunk of his earnings to the staff of The Matrix sequels, he made $114million and gave away $80million to them. He is constantly known for taking pay cuts, being very generous with donations, he literally does not care about money.

A few things you guys dissing Reeves did not know about:
    A family friend builds movie sets, doesn't design, is one of the poor dudes that just builds. Anyways he worked on the set for the Matrix and Keanu heard about family trouble he was having and gave him a $20,000 Christmas bonus to help him out. He also was one of the only people on the set that genuinely wanted to know people's names, would say hello and mean it, and would talk to people as if they were his peers and not below him just because they were practically making nothing to build a set. I've never heard anyone say Keanu is a douche, seems like the nicest person in Hollywood from a second hand experience.
    He rides subways and public transportation like a normal person.

Donates privately to cancer charities, hospitals, and research centers. His sister has leukemia and he is her sole caretaker.

His father left him when he was 3.

His bestfriend died.

His first daughter was a stillborn.

The girl that gave birth to the stillborn daughter died months later.

But yeah, with that said, I don't think Reeves is a bad actor. I actually enjoyed John Wick for what it was, it was a good action film. Plus it had a couple of good characters like Reek from GoT and John Liguizamo. He also has The Matrix, Bill and Ted, Speed. He is not an ATG actor but he is good imo.

Comment

i don't get the hate he is getting. he's no al pacino but he's been with good movies..

Comment

He was also in Johnny Mnemonic, played the worst Johnathan Harker in film history and starred in one of the worst remakes of all time, The Day The Earth Stood Still. While the first Matrix was decent, the 2 sequel were pointless and redundant.

Comment

People just like to make fun of his monotone voice, Chappelle killed him. I don't mind him as an actor that much though, besides that samurai movie he was in. That was AWFUL.

Comment

Constantine was another entertaining movie from him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Apparently he gave a large chunk of his earnings to the staff of The Matrix sequels, he made $114million and gave away $80million to them.
              That is idiotic. It's one thing to give to charity but giving that much to a movie staff who are already getting paid? He should have TAKEN money from them instead. Ok maybe not that but still.

Comment

His bestfriend died.

Well that settles it.
                He is a ****ing amazing actor! You've totally changed my mind.

And lets not forget Dogstar.

Comment

Comment

he's got my vote!

point break did it for me. legend.

Comment

There was an article about him and how generous he is with his money. He has lost a lot of people in his life. Apparently he gave a large chunk of his earnings to the staff of The Matrix sequels, he made $114million and gave away $80million to them. He is constantly known for taking pay cuts, being very generous with donations, he literally does not care about money.

Donates privately to cancer charities, hospitals, and research centers. His sister has leukemia and he is her sole caretaker.

His father left him when he was 3.

His bestfriend died.

The girl that gave birth to the stillborn daughter died months later.

But yeah, with that said, I don't think Reeves is a bad actor. I actually enjoyed John Wick for what it was, it was a good action film. Plus it had a couple of good characters like Reek from GoT and John Liguizamo. He also has The Matrix, Bill and Ted, Speed. He is not an ATG actor but he is good imo.
                      Wow, I have a new respect for him after hearing this. Guy seems pretty altruistic and down-to-earth; that's a good way to live life.

Comment

Working...
                      X