No announcement yet.

Republican debate tonight @ 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    I think this post is what you're most good at, oversimplification, and in the name of politics try to associate a complex social phenomena with a political party. Post after post of yours demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of the causes of poverty. The minority groups you're talking about vote Democratic because of the promise of what the Party can offer them, either now or sometime in the future. It doesn't make sense for people that have been subjected to institutional racism to then join the Party of their oppressors, it's utterly moronic.
    Slip, don't you know that everyone will be rich though? I mean that's what republicans preach over and over. That minimum wage jobs are just stepping stones for people.

If you want a great education, just ask your father for a 20,000 dollar loan like Mitt Romney did. Or get a 1 million dollar loan like Trump did. Ni66ers and sp1cs are just excuse makers man....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Slip, don't you know that everyone will be rich though? I mean that's what republicans preach over and over. That minimum wage jobs are just stepping stones for people.

If you want a great education, just ask your father for a 20,000 dollar loan like Mitt Romney did. Or get a 1 million dollar loan like Trump did. Ni66ers and sp1cs are just excuse makers man....
      Whoa.

Somebody find me my Safe Space, brahs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Whoa.

You do understand sarcasm right?

Comment

• This pretty much sums up the political system for the last 50 years, give or take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            You do understand sarcasm right?
            Nevermind...

Comment

Nevermind...
              Wanted to make sure, some people you know........

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                So you can refute none of the facts I presented, correct?
                What facts?

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                True. And they've been doing it for over 50 years now and they are worse off than they were before. You know the old quote, right? 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.'
                Here are some hypotheses as to causes of "inner city" poverty feel free to read them or not:

■ Inner-city poverty is the result of profound structural economic shifts that have eroded the competitive position of the central cities in the industrial sectors that historically provided employment for the working poor, especially minorities. Thus demand for their labor has declined disastrously.
                ■ Inner-city poverty is a reflection of the inadequate human capital of the labor force, which results in lower productivity and inability to compete for employment in emerging sectors that pay adequate wages.
                ■ Inner-city poverty results from the persistence of racial and gender discrimination in employment, which prevents the population from achieving its full potential in the labor market.
                ■ Inner-city poverty is the product of the complex interaction of culture and behavior, which has produced a population that is isolated, self-referential, and detached from the formal economy and labor market.
                ■ Inner-city poverty is the outcome of a long, historical process of segregating poor and minority populations in U.S. cities that resulted in a spatial mismatch between workers and jobs when employment decentralized.
                ■ Inner-city poverty results from migration processes that simultaneously remove the middle-class and successful members of the community, thereby reducing social capital, while bringing in new, poorer populations whose competition in the labor market drives down wages and employment chances of residents.
                ■ Inner-city poverty reflects an endogenous growth deficit that results from low levels of entrepreneurship and access to capital, especially among minority populations.
                ■ Inner-city poverty is the unanticipated consequence of public policy that was intended to alleviate social problems but has, in fact, caused them to worsen in some respects.

Learn more - http://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery....002124&EXT=pdf
                I agree. So why then do blacks support the Party that supported African slavery and gave us the Jim Crow laws?
                Hmmmmmm, not sure if you're serious or not. This is a historical reality but does the party of today espouse the same values as the party during slavery? Does that sound the least bit logical to you? Seriously, repeat it and answer me if what you're saying is at all serious.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Exactly! These guys act like they've all pulled themselves up by their own boot straps, all alone and completely unassisted. It reminds me of the lame ass "You didn't build this," attack line Republicans idiotically took out of context from a great speech from President Obama, but here are the paragraphs that pretty much encapsulate the point:

President Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  What facts?
                  These, right here:

"The cities with the most minorities in poverty and where the streets run red with the blood of murdered young blacks and Hispanics are all Democrat strongholds. Those places have seen alot more minorities murdered than we ever saw murdered by the Klan."

I wrote them in simple English. Please, try and keep up.

Now that I've presented them to you twice, care to address and/or attempt to refute them?

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  Here are some hypotheses as to causes of "inner city" poverty feel free to read them or not:
                  First off, those are hypothesis, not facts.

Second, they do not address my point which is that there is more minority poverty and murders in Democrat strongholds than anywhere else. Please, try and address that as asked.

And for the record, you didn't even mention the crime aspect....

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  Hmmmmmm, not sure if you're serious or not. This is a historical reality but does the party of today espouse the same values as the party during slavery? Does that sound the least bit logical to you? Seriously, repeat it and answer me if what you're saying is at all serious.
                  I'm obviously completely serious, as I presented facts that cannot be refuted. The blacks support the very Party which fought for African slavery and gave us the Jim Crow laws. Somehow they've convinced the simple-minded and easily led that they are the champions of minorities, while the Party that freed the slaves and fought the Jim Crow laws is somehow the racists.
                  Last edited by 1bad65; 12-18-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    These, right here:

"The cities with the most minorities in poverty and where the streets run red with the blood of murdered young blacks and Hispanics are all Democrat strongholds. Those places have seen alot more minorities murdered than we ever saw murdered by the Klan."

I wrote them in simple English. Please, try and keep up.

Now that I've presented them to you twice, care to address and/or attempt to refute them?
                    You haven't presented anything actually. These Democratic "strongholds" you talk about, who are the business owners there? Who controls the wealth and opportunities in those areas? Are you saying everything is owned and operated by the Democrats so look what happens? Is that the extent of your sociological skills and the depth of your curiosity? Wow, no wonder you go on and on without proving a point, your agenda won't allow that.

First off, those are hypothesis, not facts.
                    These "hypotheses" contain more cogent facts in one sentence than you do in your entire post history.

Second, they do not address my point which is that there is more minority poverty and murders in Democrat strongholds than anywhere else. Please, try and address that as asked.

And for the record, you didn't even mention the crime aspect....
                    Read the paper or STFU. I'm not going to hold the hand of a dimwit that continues to spew party lines like they address real underlying causes of crime and poverty.

I'm obviously completely serious, as I presented facts that cannot be refuted. The blacks support the very Party which fought for African slavery and gave us the Jim Crow laws. Somehow they've convinced the simple-minded and easily led that they are the champions of minorities, while the Party that freed the slaves and fought the Jim Crow laws is somehow the racists.
                    The fact is it's a different party now regardless of it's historical origins. Do you get that? I understand it's the same party that was peopled by slave owners. Let me slow this down for ya, I U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D T-H-A-T. What you don't seem to get is that people support causes that best represent them in the here and now not during the era of slavery? Do you understand that? I don't know of anyone that chooses a party based on a platform from another time period, that's just plain dumb.
                    Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-18-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Whoa.

You PC bruh??

Comment

Working...
                      X