Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best city in the world to live in?....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
    Sounds like a good place to visit but it's way too cold and way too much snow, right? And this is coming someone that lives in Toronto!
    In the winter it's cold and snowy; last year we had record snow fall. The autumn is most ideal time to visit. It's comfortable during the day and cool at night and the foliage is out of this world, too.

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    Commuter rail underground with diesel engine fume.....

Yup Boston is like Toronto, only less safer and cleaner.

Never been to Toronto but it's on my short list.

An addendum to my earlier post: Boston is getting ridiculously expensive to live in. There's record commercial/residential development going on to provide for the strong demand and as such, rents and real estate values are extremely high. In some regards it's not a good thing: the middle class are getting priced out of the city

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
      This fat dude is me....

NOT!
      I like that guys videos, I find them pretty accurate. I disagree with
      Him regarding tourists here though, it's nothing compared to European places. You can barely move in places like the old town in Prague. You'll never see that here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
        Why would you go to a there just because of the subway?. Do you stay in the subway and sleep in there?.

Who da fu.ck go to the mall???

go to Yorkville, Yorkdale, High park, Lake shore, Island, Hanlan's point etc.
        When you go to the island, all I see is a **** lake, with dirty ass ferry's and the island is dirty as hell.

When people go to NYC, they go to Times Square. Yonge-Dundas tries to be that.

Maybe you like driving downtown, I don't. The public transit is ****, and majority of "Torontonians" live in the suburbs. Good luck trying to get home if you're in the burbs of Toronto. What's the GTAs population, 5mil or something like that, only about 20% of that is Toronto proper. So yeah, public transit should be a huge thing that Toronto has for its citizens, except they don't. Subway stopping at 2:30am when trying to get home from closing time at a bar, so if you're even at the north end of the city, you're screwed, you aren't getting home in a timely fashion... and even then the furthest north you can get is Finch Station. Good luck trying to find a bus past Steeles to get home. Lake Shore doesn't smell like **** to you? Too used to the garbage fumes? Going to the ex grounds is nostril torture.

High Park is ok. Walking along Queen street is OK, but again, the Garbage stench never goes anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          You must've been travelling on the "commuter rail" not the subway. The subway is comprised of rail cars and trolleys that run on electricity.

To answer the thread question: Boston is a world class city with but it has a small town feel to it. It's not uncommon to bump into people you know walking places. Most places in the city are walkable; if you don't feel like walking just jump on the "T." Although, we have serious issues with our public transportation, mostly during the winter.

It's a great sports city if you're into baseball, basketball, (yank) football, hockey and collegiate sports. We also have the number 1 marathon in the world and "head of the Charles" rowing race.

If you're into culture and arts we have plenty of museums, music venues and nice restaurants.
          The Boston marathon is a joke.

London marathon, New York marathon and the rest is irrelevant.

Also Boston has a huge percentage of plastic paddies (fake yank Irishmen).

Boston also has garbage weather.

The accent is disgraceful.

And the people in that city supported and/or sympathised with the IRA.

In summary, Boston can go suck a bag of dicks.
          Last edited by Mr Ehrmantraut; 08-19-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            I like that guys videos, I find them pretty accurate. I disagree with
            Him regarding tourists here though, it's nothing compared to European places. You can barely move in places like the old town in Prague. You'll never see that here.
            Yeah!.Toronto core is crowded during the day but after 6pm it's almost empty except perhaps on Fridays or when there's game going on

Comment

• Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
              When you go to the island, all I see is a **** lake, with dirty ass ferry's and the island is dirty as hell.

Hahaha You're in the island is it always greener on the other side for you?. You should lay your picnic basket and mat then lie down and look in the sky.....

When people go to NYC, they go to Times Square. Yonge-Dundas tries to be that.

Yonge Dundas square is CRAP. who go there?. only towel heads and ******s. just because it has SQUARE on the name. it's a freakin PIE SHAPED little parking spot!!

Maybe you like driving downtown, I don't. The public transit is ****, and majority of "Torontonians" live in the suburbs. Good luck trying to get home if you're in the burbs of Toronto. What's the GTAs population, 5mil or something like that, only about 20% of that is Toronto proper. So yeah, public transit should be a huge thing that Toronto has for its citizens, except they don't. Subway stopping at 2:30am when trying to get home from closing time at a bar, so if you're even at the north end of the city, you're screwed, you aren't getting home in a timely fashion... and even then the furthest north you can get is Finch Station. Good luck trying to find a bus past Steeles to get home. Lake Shore doesn't smell like **** to you? Too used to the garbage fumes? Going to the ex grounds is nostril torture.

High Park is ok. Walking along Queen street is OK, but again, the Garbage stench never goes anywhere.
              Like every transit system they are crowded during rush hour!.
              I hear your pain man!.I used to work very late and sometimes miss the last train and have to resort to the BLUE line ( 24 hrs service) it's not fun when it's -20C out there.

Where in the Lakeshore?. I only go to the Martin Goodman trail to ride the bike around the lake.

Stay away from the skid row you poor thing..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

I was gonna give you green K but I ran out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

I forgot about you and your irrational hate of Boston. It's because of Tom Brady innit? Tom's successful, married to a super model and rakes in ridiculous amount of $$$. When he's at home after winning (and that what he does) a big game, shaggin' his beautiful wife, you're either here commiserating in Drunk Lang or watching Breaking Bad reruns on Netflix.

The Boston marathon is frequently cited as one of the toughest and competitive courses coupled with the incredible fans supporting the runners.

The weather is sometimes unpredictable but mostly comfortable, save for our bitter winters.

People in Boston don't support the IRA; it's only the wannabe Irish tough guys from Southie.

Our accents are distinct and fun; most people get a kick outa it.

Yeah, Boston's a great place

Comment

I forgot about you and your irrational hate of Boston. It's because of Tom Brady innit? Tom's successful, married to a super model and rakes in ridiculous amount of $$$. When he's at home after winning (and that what he does) a big game, shaggin' his beautiful wife, you're either here commiserating in Drunk Lang or watching Breaking Bad reruns on Netflix.

The Boston marathon is frequently cited as one of the toughest and competitive courses coupled with the incredible fans supporting the runners.

The weather is sometimes unpredictable but mostly comfortable, save for our bitter winters.

People in Boston don't support the IRA; it's only the wannabe Irish tough guys from Southie.

I still think his previous wife, the chick in lord of war, is way better than Gisele. She's a just a tall strong jawed German broad.

Comment

I never really recognize any accent from any Bostonian I encountered, But people are nice though. Or perhaps I'm used to those accent or tone.

If you go to T.O. Go now I've got tickets for Stevenson Fight. I'll take you ( it seldom happen here, Boxing fights).

Comment

Working...
                      X