No announcement yet.

Russian FA Bans Black Footballer For Reacting To Racist Chants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Russian FA Bans Black Footballer For Reacting To Racist Chants

On the same day that four Chelsea fans were banned from attending football matches in England for racist chanting in Paris last season, the Russian Football Association have done the complete opposite and instead banned a black footballer for reacting to racist abuse!

Former Arsenal player, Emmanuel Frimpong, can be seen here reacting to monkey chants from racist fans on the 1st day of the new Russian football season.

Frimpong was subsequently sent-off for his middle finger gesture and has accepted the ban.

However, his own club Spartak Moscow and the Russian FA have laughably denied that any racist chanting took place! Even going so far as to criticise Frimpong instead of the vile fans who abused him.

Ufa General director, Shamil Gazizov, goes as far as to say that Frimpong should "hold back the tears and put up with it".

With the next World Cup in 2018 set to be staged in Russia, there will be several black players involved in the tournament and surely something has to be done. Instead the authorities in Russia turn a blind eye and pretend it's not happening.

This isn't an isolated incident. It seems to be a serious problem in Russian culture. Another black player, Hulk, who plays for Zenit Saint Petersburg said that he receives racial abuse in "almost every game".

I think it's a complete disgrace. Russia should never have been allowed to stage a World Cup. We all know they only got it through bribes and other nefarious means anyway. It's going to be a real black eye when some of the world's greatest footballers are subject to this abhorrent abuse in 2018.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-22-2015, 04:01 PM.

Dench .....

Comment

Water is wet, the sky is blue and Russians are bigots.

Comment

It's stuff like this that has turned me off from visiting Russia.

Comment

Yeah, I'd heard about the shít Hulk gets from fans. Disgusting. Leave it to the bigots to grunt and shít - they're the only animals in the stadium, after all. The Russia WC is bound to be even more fúcked up than Brazil.

Comment

I dunno, Russians are some pretty racist people. I mean, not in the sense the hate black people or anything just that they think they're above them, but that goes for nationality as well. That's why I'm wondering where the Nazi flags and white supremacists in this video came from. I mean unless your gay you shouldn't have trouble visiting Russia if you're of a different race, but at the same time I don't see why you would visit. Unless there was a big event going on there are really only a few churches and the red square, nothing too interesting.

I just find this weird because Hulk is a very well regarded player in Russian football (soccer) and look at other teams in Russia, many black players. Plus Hulk isn't even black. Russian people as a whole have the "above everyone" mind set.

As far as the red card goes, that has nothing to do with it being in Russia, that's just the fact that football has ridiculous rules. I mean there have been a few occasions where players have taken down field streakers and they get sent off the field immediately. Oh well. What can I say? Russian people are behind there's no doubt about that...

Comment

The West is way too sensitive about issues like this while the East is too insensitive. I will enjoy all the *****ing probably more than the diving football.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
                I dunno, Russians are some pretty racist people. I mean, not in the sense the hate black people or anything just that they think they're above them, but that goes for nationality as well. That's why I'm wondering where the Nazi flags and white supremacists in this video came from. I mean unless your gay you shouldn't have trouble visiting Russia if you're of a different race, but at the same time I don't see why you would visit. Unless there was a big event going on there are really only a few churches and the red square, nothing too interesting.

I just find this weird because Hulk is a very well regarded player in Russian football (soccer) and look at other teams in Russia, many black players. Plus Hulk isn't even black. Russian people as a whole have the "above everyone" mind set.

As far as the red card goes, that has nothing to do with it being in Russia, that's just the fact that football has ridiculous rules. I mean there have been a few occasions where players have taken down field streakers and they get sent off the field immediately. Oh well. What can I say? Russian people are behind there's no doubt about that...
                If Russian people are behind then do you suggest they should be as "forward" as Americans? Americans who actually go out of their way to be extremely offended by everything even the smallest things? The most politically correct society in the world(Maybe Sweden is worse) is hardly a role model in this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by samouraï View Post
                  Yeah, I'd heard about the shít Hulk gets from fans. Disgusting. Leave it to the bigots to grunt and shít - they're the only animals in the stadium, after all. The Russia WC is bound to be even more fúcked up than Brazil.
                  That's the thing though. It's not just the fans that are racist. The Russian authorities do nothing about it. Even going as far as to basically defend it. These are supposed to be educated people. Their attitude is sickening.

It reminds me of a couple of posters on here who were defending Sergey Kovalev's blatant racist tweet about Adonis Stevenson. Unsurprisingly it seems one was Russian.
                  Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-22-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                    If Russian people are behind then do you suggest they should be as "forward" as Americans? Americans who actually go out of their way to be extremely offended by everything even the smallest things? The most politically correct society in the world(Maybe Sweden is worse) is hardly a role model in this topic.
                    Look, what I meant when I said they were behind is that they don't have the same civil confrontations people in the west do. With that being said, I do agree with you. Russian people are cold, hard people and everyone here cries over little **** that can be resolved with a simple fist fight.

People do get too offended, but Russian people also need to be more respectful towards others. And of course, this is all general, there are those who are respectful of course, although Enayze may argue that

Comment

Working...
                    X