No announcement yet.

New Horizons: first detailed photos ever taken of Pluto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Yeah i mean once I start thinking about what a 'light year' means (instead of it just being a unit of measurement) thats game over in terms of my brain being able to handle it.

Millions of light years? No way lol

The human brain isnt designed to think about stuff like that. Eg:

Someone showed me this and I refuse to believe that its real.

Then if you ever start reading about quantum mechanics, it's game over. I'm convinced that the average person has no idea the way some of these physicist brains work.

The stuff they even contemplate is beyond me. It's fun to read about and try and understand it though.

Comment

Always tripped out on some of the videos showing the scale of VY Canis Majoris in relation to the Earth.

Then, I saw this video.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Always tripped out on some of the videos showing the scale of VY Canis Majoris in relation to the Earth.

Then, I saw this video.....

All those suns!

Comment

Pretty cool stuff. I just hope I live to see a man on Mars.

Comment

Is it a planet again now?

Cause if not, who cares? We've seen a bunch of floating space debris.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              All those suns!

You start thinking about the titanic forces regarding black holes, then think of one that dwarfs our entire solar system.

From a place 5.7 billion light years from Earth.

The universe is fucking big, bro.

Comment

You start thinking about the titanic forces regarding black holes, then think of one that dwarfs our entire solar system.

From a place 5.7 billion light years from Earth.

The universe is fucking big, bro.
                What fucks with me the most is time. Just the idea that there was no beginning and there is no end is almost too difficult to understand.

Also the theory that once all the stars explode and we're left with only black holes, which will evaporate, there will only be dark energy left, which will lead to a new big bang and everything will start over again. Meaning there has been and there will be an infinite amount of universes with every possibility that you can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
                  What fucks with me the most is time. Just the idea that there was no beginning and there is no end is almost too difficult to understand.

Also the theory that once all the stars explode and we're left with only black holes, which will evaporate, there will only be dark energy left, which will lead to a new big bang and everything will start over again. Meaning there has been and there will be an infinite amount of universes with every possibility that you can think of.
                  UR X package Huracan vs a black hole from a 60 roll.....

Comment

UR X package Huracan vs a black hole from a 60 roll.....
                    Huracan duh

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X