• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Epic Rant!

starting at 35:16 to 42:00

https://youtu.be/tu3yCRHM2GI?t=35m16s

or full embeded video here.

Last edited by One_Tycoon; 07-04-2015, 03:01 AM.

Comment

None of this is going to happen the more we offshore manufacturing jobs. Apple only has one manufacturing plant in USA and everywhere you go people have iPhones.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        None of this is going to happen the more we offshore manufacturing jobs. Apple only has one manufacturing plant in USA and everywhere you go people have iPhones.
        And why are they offshoring all these manufacturing jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by One_Bourgeoisie View Post
          And why are they offshoring all these manufacturing jobs?
          Cheap labor, opening new markets, lower the stress of in-house tasks and number crunching. It helps increase the GDP of both countries involved as well.

Not sure if you were looking for a specific response from me or not.

I'd assume a proper goal (to help the American working class) for Apple if they want to continue to offshore would be something like:

1) Offshore manufacturing/engineering plants to create the bits and pieces of iPhones or Macbooks. Cheap labor, production, and possibly cheaper materials.

2) Bring those bits and pieces to America.

3) Have them assembled in factories in America.

It'd allow us to import more of the final products and allow Americans to have more work available.

Comment

Cheap labor, opening new markets, lower the stress of in-house tasks and number crunching. It helps increase the GDP of both countries involved as well.

Not sure if you were looking for a specific response from me or not.

I'd assume a proper goal (to help the American working class) for Apple if they want to continue to offshore would be something like:

1) Offshore manufacturing/engineering plants to create the bits and pieces of iPhones or Macbooks. Cheap labor, production, and possibly cheaper materials.

2) Bring those bits and pieces to America.

3) Have them assembled in factories in America.

It'd allow us to import more of the final products and allow Americans to have more work available.

What can the U.S. Federal Government do to help incentivize something like that?
            Last edited by One_Tycoon; 07-04-2015, 05:54 AM.

Comment

What can the U.S. Federal Government do to help incentive something like that?
              In laymen's terms in regards to my post: "Build at least two Apple factories in America"

I don't really know bruh I only got a B and C in Macro and Micro Economics

Comment

I don't really know bruh I only got a B and C in Macro and Micro Economics
                Getting a C in Leftist economics is probably a good thing.

Comment

Getting a C in Leftist economics is probably a good thing.
                  At least they were Honors classes doe.

You excited for that Trans-Pacific Partnership?

Comment

America's trade deficit is one of the biggest problems facing the US, it's a far bigger threat to the economy than sovereign debt.
                    America simply produces nothing, and has become a nation of consumers who's GDP is dependent on the service sector - the financial service sector to be specific. Instead of it's once great manufacturing base.
                    A lot of people talk about needing less regulation or more regulation, well actually we need both. Unfortunately, the banks and other financial services have received less regulation, and more tax loop holes since the Reagan administration, which culminated in the retraction of the Glass-Steagal act in the 90s by Clinton, which basically gave the banks free reign to speculate with other peoples money, which resulted in housing market crash in 2008.
                    At the same time, the regulation, and bureaucracy increased in relation to small businesses, and at the moment more businesses are going out of business, than starting up, this affects job creation and productivity and will have a huge impact should America's creditors decide that they son't want their bonds anymore because it won't be able to produce it's way out of recession.
                    In fact, if I remember correctly, the only time America's economy was a similar situation was in the 30s, and it required massive Government spending on WW2 after the great depression to kick start their economy. The problem is, because the Government and economists in the US (and the west in general) have become obsessed with austerity they won't invest money in infrastructure, and manufacturing which is what's needed to dig us out of the abyss.
                    However, they continue with QE, which just goes to the bank reserves so they can inflate the stock market, and the housing market all over again, thus creating an even bigger bubble. Instead of investing in small business.

Comment

Working...
                    X