Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on here done the full Charles Bronson fitness regime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody on here done the full Charles Bronson fitness regime?

Just purchased the book and looking forward to getting into it when it arrives Bronson despite all the stuff said about him, was a SERIOUS athlete, he holds some world records for things like pushups and squats. He did all this without any gym equipment, just bodyweight exercise.
    He explains it all in his book(rather hilariously I might add). Anyway i've searched online and every review has been ranting about how great it is soo i'm giving it a go.

Anybody on here ever tried it out

Originally posted by CharlesBronson View Post
    Just purchased the book and looking forward to getting into it when it arrives Bronson despite all the stuff said about him, was a SERIOUS athlete, he holds some world records for things like pushups and squats. He did all this without any gym equipment, just bodyweight exercise.
    He explains it all in his book(rather hilariously I might add). Anyway i've searched online and every review has been ranting about how great it is soo i'm giving it a go.

haven't seen the book but you could post some of the best parts. I'd like to try the Bronson workout and see if it makes me look like tom hardy

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      haven't seen the book but you could post some of the best parts. I'd like to try the Bronson workout and see if it makes me look like tom hardy
      Its mostly calisthenics training, very funny way of writing(very unprofessional obviously) but it's motivating the examples he uses and his real life experiences thrown in with genuinely good advice, i'd pick it up just the laughs, but theres good stuff in there too. Cheap price too!

There's also videos on youtube about guys reviewing his solitary fitness program

Comment

Page 1. Do as many push ups as you can.
        Page 2. Do as many squats as you can.
        The End.

Comment

Its mostly calisthenics training, very funny way of writing(very unprofessional obviously) but it's motivating the examples he uses and his real life experiences thrown in with genuinely good advice, i'd pick it up just the laughs, but theres good stuff in there too. Cheap price too!

There's also videos on youtube about guys reviewing his solitary fitness program
          I watched a documentary on pbds a few days ago on solitary confinement, there was one guy in there, he was at least 50 years old with a huge chest and arms, he must be doing pushups in his cell all day, I think he said he'd been in the hole for several months

Bronson is probably insane from all those years in solitary. most of those guys are so desperate to get out they'll open up their veins after a couple months

Comment

Me & Jose have done the Action Bronson together.

Comment

Yes I did it. It gave me a sore back. The guy came up with his exercise routines in a 9 foot cell and doesn't exactly have qualifications in human physiology, so not all the routines are strictly safe to do.

Really entertaining book though.

Comment

I have been thinking about getting the book for a while now, I heard the guy was insanely strong, and I like calisthenics, weights make me too sluggish and I lose explosiveness. Nowadays I mostly do pushups and pullups, but I heard some of my friends say that it isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Yes I did it. It gave me a sore back. The guy came up with his exercise routines in a 9 foot cell and doesn't exactly have qualifications in human physiology, so not all the routines are strictly safe to do.

Really entertaining book though.
                  Which exercise gave you a sore back my friend??

Theres an exercise where he makes you blow a tied up sock, whats that about?.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                    Which exercise gave you a sore back my friend??

Theres an exercise where he makes you blow a tied up sock, whats that about?.
                    I don't really know. I've never been locked in a cell on my own for months at a time so I've never had the free time to think about sock-blowing.

Some of the lifting and twisting routines put pressure on my back that caused a bit of pain. Also my shoulder got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X