No announcement yet.

Boots on the ground ,US forces kill Islamic State leader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Yeah, like how about the illegal invasion that your glorious country led in 03? Are you one of the brainwashed propaganda tools who participated in this war?

Actually this is the first time in 2000 years that Assyrian churches in Iraq did not have bells rung and all of its historic villages were abandoned/destroyed because of ISIS. Same for other minorities in Iraq, this cultural demise is symbolic enough to support my claim.

The events you mentioned happened in Saddam's time, and the Christians never had it better when that man was in charge, neither did other minorities even the Kurds who got massacred in the Anfal campaign.

Secondly, the historic artifacts of the Mosul museum stayed intact for thousands of years in Iraq UNTILL NOW, and the ancient city of Nimrud had stood protected in Mosul for over 150 years since its discovery. It has recently been destroyed by those subhuman rats as well. This destruction of ancient history of the cradle of civilization is likely going to continue too, and you ethnic westerners can only propose that things continue the way they are now.
    its not the first time in history that historical artifacts have been damaged in Iraq, the Greeks, the Romans, the Persians, and just about every other country who ever controlled that area did their fair share of history-destroying.

going into Iraq was a mistake based on false information, but holding Iraq up as a stable model of what a strong middle eastern country looks like is a joke.

Awesome deflection seminar this is. In true red white and blue fashion.
    Truth hurts doesn't it friend

If you can't call the Saddam era that compared to right now in May of 2015, then YOU have really no clue what the hell you're talking about. For one, I actually have distant relatives in these countries as I'm Assyrian myself, I've studied the history and I can tell that you that this ISIS era has been the biggest blow to the country in a very long time. Luckily the Christians don't forget history, as the 1915 Armenian genocide told them to flee south and central Iraq in massive numbers because they would have all been killed.

But the poor Yazidis have been suffering the most. The Peshmerga have done the best against the terrorists but the Kurdish army is not big enough to do this for the entire country. They need help, and not just from air strikes or farmers who just picked up an AK for the first time a few weeks ago. Ironically They need the same soldiers who ruined their country to back them on the ground.
    your Assyrian, that does not make your assessment any more accurate then mine, if anything it probably explains your clear hate and bias. ISIS is a problem, they will be delt with, but your previous claim of it being the most damaging thing to happen to the country in 1000yrs is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
      Truth hurts doesn't it friend
      LOL what truth? Essentially what you did was use the low IQ muslim apologist tactic of deflection. Pointing something out about the wrong doings you've done and the response is "Uhh, nooo. Look at what THEY did, and also what THEY did. Don't look at us!" that's a cowardly tactic that isn't relevant whatsoever. This thread is highlighting this particular conflict, and the US' role is not going to be denied just because you manage to point out that they're not the ONLY ones in the wrong. Trust me I know the horrors of what Islam produces, but that's not going to excuse you.

its not the first time in history that historical artifacts have been damaged in Iraq, the Greeks, the Romans, the Persians, and just about every other country who ever controlled that area did their fair share of history-destroying.
      Correct, damage had been done before especially in the 03 war. Even vandalization. But there has never been a literal CAMPAIGN to fully eradicate the entire middle east of historic artifacts.

These rats are doing everything they can to not only document their destruction of history but to be as effective at it as possible. The only comparable thing was what the Taliban did to Buddist statues years ago, but that's another topic.

It's not the same as damage from the side effects of war, that's what you're not realising.

going into Iraq was a mistake based on false information, but holding Iraq up as a stable model of what a strong middle eastern country looks like is a joke.
      Don't put words into my mouth. I said compared to right now it was a great country. The yanks mostly agree with me, I've read many e-posts about how Saddam was right about what would happen in the future, how well he kept the country in line in comparison, and that they would be far better off with the Hussein's still in charge. And of course that ISIS wouldn't have existed. Americans themselves even agree.

You keep ignoring this by pointing out that there's other **** going on in the ME like it somehow excuses the damage that the 03 US invasion did.

your Assyrian, that does not make your assessment any more accurate then mine, if anything it probably explains your clear hate and bias. ISIS is a problem, they will be delt with, but your previous claim of it being the most damaging thing to happen to the country in 1000yrs is absurd.
      Lol now you're just being a moron. I was born in that part of the world and I've been there on holidays many times too. I think somebody who has atleast lived it would know better than a poser from the other side of the world.

I met an old relative last year, he's been through 6 decades of Iraqi life and is also known of his parent' lives 90 years. He told me himself that this is the worst, most unstable time period of the country. Are you gonna tell him that his assessment is not anymore accurate than some white kid living in the luxurious west who has only read about this in articles?

Comment

I don't want to see U.S boots on the ground and I don't even think it's necessary in order to defeat ISIS. I will say that the U.S bears responsibility because of the illegal wars that were waged by Bush, Chaney and Rumsfeld.

Those 3 basically created ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
          I don't want to see U.S boots on the ground and I don't even think it's necessary in order to defeat ISIS. I will say that the U.S bears responsibility because of the illegal wars that were waged by Bush, Chaney and Rumsfeld.

Those 3 basically created ISIS.
          Isis morphed from al qaeda......

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
            They also consist of many different factions, including some left over from the war in Iraq and the conflict in Syria.

My point is, that if the U.S never was involved, there would be no ISIS.

Comment

They also consist of many different factions, including some left over from the war in Iraq and the conflict in Syria.

Indeed. Qusay Hussein would be president today, and although people would still be suffering from dictatorship and that wretched son Uday, the country would atleast be stable. No Isis or AQ, the economy would actually be alive, the minorities would be living in their homes free to practise their own religions and cultures. Children could be going to school instead of now where the buildings are used as refugee camps. The ancient artifacts would be intact and the country would make money off of them because they're big tourist attractions. I could go on and on.

Saddam's era was a paradise compared to now. It's not black and white, there's degrees of severity of a country's problems. It was all ruined because of sick ****s of the Bush administration. Their actions and the direct effects of it have truly destroyed a country and the innocent civilians have suffered most.

Comment

To be fair though, ISIL is almost as different from Al Qaeda as it similar at this point. Not exactly because yes they are both Wahhabi, Sunni Jihadist groups but their theology is different, as well as tactics and makeup. Apples to oranges at this point, core Al Qaeda at this point is irrelevant especially with ISIL.

Comment

Send in Beercules. No ISIS ass cheek will be safe for miles.

Comment

there would still be some sort of terror group running around bombing unsuspecting people.

they are made up of different fractions, some of which were spurred on by the US, some weren't, such as the ones that arose from the conflict in Syria. the conflict in Syria was not the US fault.

LOL what truth? Essentially what you did was use the low IQ muslim apologist tactic of deflection. Pointing something out about the wrong doings you've done and the response is "Uhh, nooo. Look at what THEY did, and also what THEY did. Don't look at us!" that's a cowardly tactic that isn't relevant whatsoever. This thread is highlighting this particular conflict, and the US' role is not going to be denied just because you manage to point out that they're not the ONLY ones in the wrong. Trust me I know the horrors of what Islam produces, but that's not going to excuse you.
                    I understand that we are responsible for many of the current problems, I wasn't deflecting. but you are speaking in a tone that is beyond hateful towards America, in this thread your using pretty rough language against my country, as if we were the only country to ever do Iraq harm. basically your bashing on America pretty ignorantly, and noting that other countries did damage to Iraq is relevant because it explains everything from how the people are, and how there borders are set (see division of ottoman empire after ww1)

Correct, damage had been done before especially in the 03 war. Even vandalization. But there has never been a literal CAMPAIGN to fully eradicate the entire middle east of historic artifacts.

These rats are doing everything they can to not only document their destruction of history but to be as effective at it as possible. The only comparable thing was what the Taliban did to Buddist statues years ago, but that's another topic.

It's not the same as damage from the side effects of war, that's what you're not realising.
                    I get it, Isis is destroying Iraq's historical artifacts on purpose. even if you believe America created Isis, its still Isis that is soley responsible for destroying artifacts. its not like there destroying your artifacts to get back at americans, or hurt americans, there doing it because they hate Iraqies I guess, these people would probably do these things weather America had ever got involved or not, they would have struck the moment Iraq was weak.

Lol now you're just being a moron. I was born in that part of the world and I've been there on holidays many times too. I think somebody who has atleast lived it would know better than a poser from the other side of the world.

I met an old relative last year, he's been through 6 decades of Iraqi life and is also known of his parent' lives 90 years. He told me himself that this is the worst, most unstable time period of the country. Are you gonna tell him that his assessment is not anymore accurate than some white kid living in the luxurious west who has only read about this in articles?
                    I wont tell you that, but I will tell you that that is just 1 Iraqi mans opinion. Saddams reign wasn't that great, I know that you know that. he killed many of his own people, sat on a gold toilet seat while people starved, and the war with Iran claimed roughly 250,000 - 350,000 lives in the 80's.

if you want to say their worse off now then they were back then, then ok, ill give it to you. but don't make it sound like it is sooooooooooo much worse then back then, worse yes, but not by a whole lot. they still had terrorists, and still had conflicts. And the word "stable" should be used very loosely when describing the time.

BTW what country do you currently live in?

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
                      there would still be some sort of terror group running around bombing unsuspecting people.

they are made up of different fractions, some of which were spurred on by the US, some weren't, such as the ones that arose from the conflict in Syria. the conflict in Syria was not the US fault.
                      No where near the level we are seeing today. I'm not one of those people that says that the only reason there is Islamic extremism is because of the U.S.

I think there was that before the war, and it has a lot more to do with what they believe, contrary to what most think. I'm talking specifically about ISIS. There would not be that level of organization, funding and violence if it wasn't for the U.S getting rid of Saddam.

Of course when you say this, most think you are endorsing Saddam or saying he wasn't a bad man. He was but he was a much better alternative than what is happening now. He controlled Iraq, now that country and region is out of control and we are seeing the atrocities to prove it.

Comment

Working...
                      X