No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar was such a hype job, he aint no Drizzy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli Grinding View Post
    Dude not this crap again about how rap and hip hop its mandatory to be this crazy ass lyricist. Come on man thats cool to be but its not a requisite. That whole **** of who has the best bars is subjective anyway so you'll just go around in circles.

Record sales on the other hand are not subjective in that you either went platinum or not. You either at the top of the charts consistently or not. That right there means more than some guy talking down to me about what a "true" hip hop MC should be doing.

You can rap however you wanna rap, you can MC however you wanna MC, enough with this whole this is the "true" way to MC crap.
    I'm not saying that. But Drake isn't something that's good about the new era. IMO. He talks BS on nearly all of his songs, or spits about a relationship and sings a little bit. He's not nearly as terrible as Wayne or Young Thug or something, but he's not someone I'm looking to like "Damn this newer era is really something".

Comment

Not a huge fan of either, but these kinda threads about who's better then who when it comes to music, any kind but especially rap because it's the genre where it happens most are dumb. It's all subjective, people have different brains and ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
        Not a huge fan of either, but these kinda threads about who's better then who when it comes to music, any kind but especially rap because it's the genre where it happens most are dumb. It's all subjective, people have different brains and ears.
        Thats my whole point here.

Drizzy been holding it down on a mainstream level for more than half a decade already.

Dude been selling albums consistently for more than half a decade. He aint busting no Wiz Khalifa ish were he falls off then comes back 4 years later with a hit. Dude been dropping hits consistently and what I mean by hits he selling records consistently.

**** this whole "true" MC bull****, that ish is wack.

Comment

kendrick isnt bad but def was overhyped there for a min. cole and drake have better projects out right now.

Comment

Thats my whole point here.

Drizzy been holding it down on a mainstream level for more than half a decade already.

Dude been selling albums consistently for more than half a decade. He aint busting no Wiz Khalifa ish were he falls off then comes back 4 years later with a hit. Dude been dropping hits consistently and what I mean by hits he selling records consistently.

**** this whole "true" MC bull****, that ish is wack.
            Drake makes mainstream records for radio, Kendrick does not and does not give a **** about airplay. This has been proven by their recent album releases, as well as Kendrick's choice of singles (I/Blacker the Berry/U).

Everyone streams everything these days anyway, so lets look at something more relevant than album sales if we're talking about Kendrick 'falling off':

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...eaming-records

Fell off... guy hasn't even peaked yet

Also to the guy fanboying J cole. I like Cole but he's slightly watered down Kendrick, let's be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Drake makes mainstream records for radio, Kendrick does not and does not give a **** about airplay. This has been proven by their recent album releases, as well as Kendrick's choice of singles (I/Blacker the Berry/U).

Everyone streams everything these days anyway, so lets look at something more relevant than album sales if we're talking about Kendrick 'falling off':

Also to the guy fanboying J cole. I like Cole but he's slightly watered down Kendrick, let's be honest.
              Cole is a slightly watered down Kendrick. Wow........I can't....wow.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post

ROFL at streams.

Thats the excuse now for not selling records like Drizzy? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Cole is a slightly watered down Kendrick. Wow........I can't....wow.
                  What does Cole do better than Kendrick in hip hop terms? I say this as a Cole fan.

Comment

ROFL at streams.

Thats the excuse now for not selling records like Drizzy? LOL
                    It's not an excuse, it's fact. I don't really care what anyone else is listening to.

To Pimp a Butterfly broke every streaming record. The most relevant means of listening to music in 2015. Record sales mean little these days.

Also just to repeat, Drake makes mainstream music. As does Taylor Swift. Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      Very ignorant statement. You really think people live in the hood by choice? To say Kendrick doesn't experience poverty, grief and dismay because he wasn't gang banging is foolish. I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. I had never squeeze a trigger, but had gun pointed in my face, gun shots put me to sleep and wake me up. I had friends who lost their lives to street. I felt pain and despair, so now, you are gonna tell me I can't relate to hood struggles?
                      What part of Kingston?

Comment

Working...
                      X