911 calls describe terror caused by mob rampage in Charleston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 calls describe terror caused by mob rampage in Charleston

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...-in-charleston

This just happened in my town last weekend. Mind you this is the same town where that Scott guy was shot dead after fleeing from being arrested, not being taken down by the taser. Not at all saying this is any sort of justification for these hooligans to go out terrorizing people. In fact, this is a perfect example where one of these victims might of had a concealed carry, and shot the assailant or assailants and would be crucified by the media.

Angry fatherless teens who have no proper outlet to fuse that anger to dumb stuff, what else is new?

Comment

those phone calls are nuts.

Comment

I'm so happy I don't live in America.

Comment

And you have people defending these clowns?

Smh

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Smh

quite a few of them, actually.

disenfranchised young people are seriously limited in their capacity to be political. that doesn't excuse this behavior, and it shouldn't get in the way of our ability to distinguish between this behavior and reasonable political activity and discourse.

explanations are not excuses. people are excusing this behavior. i certainly don't.

Comment

Lol at the messages between obayifo and imdazed

Imdazed:
              Don't let their racism bother you. I mean, look at the posters. They're losers in real life. They can't even hide it -- most are on my ignore list. Bottom line is, Black people shouldn't care what white people think about them. I certainly don't. If they feel like rioting, I understand. Although I feel like they should probably riot in more affluent neighborhoods. Or just fight back. Or leave. Can't keep waiting for things to change. It's not worth it, and they aren't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

disenfranchised young people are seriously limited in their capacity to be political. that doesn't excuse this behavior, and it shouldn't get in the way of our ability to distinguish between this behavior and reasonable political activity and discourse.

explanations are not excuses. people are excusing this behavior. i certainly don't.
                I see that 200 grand spent on a degree in liberal studies is starting to bare fruit:

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Smh
                  Originally posted by New England View Post

Who, exactly? No one is defending violence, looting, rioting or general menacing. What people are really upset about is the treatment of minorities by a vastly racist majority police force, something you've never had to encounter. Therefore, you commenting on it has no merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
                    Who, exactly? No one is defending violence, looting, rioting or general menacing. What people are really upset about is the treatment of minorities by a vastly racist majority police force, something you've never had to encounter. Therefore, you commenting on it has no merit.
                    Of course you are going to be at a higher risk of being affected by crime in a crime ridden neighborhood. The police aren't on more of a lookout in these places because they pity minorities, it's because there is very high criminal element constantly festering and victimizing law abiding citizens living within the area. They can't just turn their back. They have to be proactive in finding the source of crime and stopping it before it becomes more destructive to others. It's unfortunate but in high poverty areas crime flourishes because there is easy money for little work. This isn't a white black thing and both sides should realize their own ignorance. For white people, we have to acknowledge that black people are more likely to catch a policeman's attention and be on their radar. And for black people they must acknowledge their own tragic woes of their culture with the seriously high number of children born outside wedlock, very often leaving them to be raised in single parent households. The absence of relatable leadership in the form of a father figure is very lacking, and a boy needs his father. The other thing that isn't being talked about is the cultural norms of African-Americans where conforming to contemporary society isn't seen. Which is a good thing in many ways because of the art and entertainment created as a by product. But you can't sit there and complain and say why is it that we have so much less and get less respect. It's because in order to get ahead in America you must conform (social contract theory) to the capitalistic society and work your way up like everyone else. It's the fact of life, no one is going to give it to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X