Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"El Hijo del Perro Aguayo" Dies During a Wrestling Match With Rey Misterio Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "El Hijo del Perro Aguayo" Dies During a Wrestling Match With Rey Misterio Jr.

Perro Aguayo Jr. passed away early this morning after sustaining injuries in a multi-man match in Mexico which included former WWE star Rey Mysterio Jr. Chillingly, the stunt did not appear to be any more dangerous than a lot of moves that we routinely see in pro wrestling.

The key sequence of which comes shortly after the six-minute twenty-second mark on this video:

and this video

Last edited by El Gitano; 03-21-2015, 12:37 PM.

These guys are always dying RIP man.

Steroids ****s them up. As well as the wear and tear in the sport.

Comment

Never thought I'd see someone die from the 619. It always looked like Rey never hit them on WWE and if he did it was with his ankles or some ****.

Edit: He wasn't even hit by the move, he was already out on the ropes.. what the ****. He seemed perfectly fine up until he was hit onto the ropes.. what happened???
      Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 03-21-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

That's crazy!!! What happen?

Comment

How long did it take to get him some medical attention?

Comment

Looks like he had a heart attack. Sucks really that they let the fight go on without checking on him when he wasn't responding

Comment

So what happened?

Comment

Possible manslaughter?

"The son of a Mexican wrestling legend died early Saturday from a blow suffered in the ring, the Baja California state prosecutor’s office said.

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, known as Hijo del Perro Aguayo, fell unconscious on the ropes, apparently after receiving a flying kick from fellow wrestler Oscar Gutierrez, known as Rey Misterio Jr., according to video of the match in a municipal auditorium in Tijuana.

The match continued for almost two minutes before other participants and the referee realized Aguayo was seriously injured and tended to him.

He was taken to a hospital a block away and died about 1:30 a.m., prosecutor’s spokesman Raul Gutierrez said."

The state prosecutor’s office said it has opened an investigation into possible manslaughter. The company that reportedly organized the event, The Crash, couldn’t be reached for comment.

“I have no words for this terrible news,” Joaquin Roldan, director of the AAA wrestling federation, said through his Twitter account. “My sincerest condolences for the Aguayo Ramirez family.”

Mexico is famous for its colorful characters and costumes in professional wrestling, popularly known as lucha libre, where fighters perform daring aerial maneuvers inside and outside the ring.

Aguayo, 35, had wrestled for 20 years and was the son of the legendary Pedro “Perro” Aguayo, now retired and a member of the Aztec lucha hall of fame.

The younger Aguayo was also popular and led a group called “Los Perros de Mal,” or the bad dogs. He won numerous titles, including national pairs with his father, a national heavyweight championship and the Consejo Mundial Lucha Libre world trios championship.

“It makes me very sad because he was a professional colleague and I have great affection for his father,” the wrestler Hijo del Santo said in a telephone interview. “I think the fans in Japan, the U.S. and Mexico, of course, where he was very popular, must be in mourning, especially because of his youth. He had much ahead of him.”

Comment

Sources who were at Hospital del Prado in Tijuana have said that the initial cause of death was cervical spine trauma coming from when the ropes snapped his neck.

He was already out when Mysterio went for the 619 and Mysterio Jr. saw he was in trouble and didn't hit him. The belief was he was knocked out and they continued the match, although went right to the finish.

Comment

Damn, that sucks, RIP man.
                    descansa En Paz Pedro.

http://aristeguinoticias.com/2103/ki...medium=twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X