Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we supposed to refer to "black people" as?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
    I think African American is what they prefer to be called.
    I referred to Tom Johnson as an 'African American' and got this response. "Ya know, I fought all over the world and you know what, every where that I went I was called an American..... except in my own country."

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
      We are all human beings. But everybody is catagorized further.

Youll never see a cardinal and a blue bird together in a flock will you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I have RBL Posse Radio as a station on pandora. It's the best for old school rap. I heard this one the other night. Trip out on this...

http://youtu.be/WVtRyrOaoZA

Sorry can't embed.

Comment

such a serious video.

Comment

How about just American for black people from US?

A black person from Jamaica is called a Jamaican. A black person from Great Britain is called British. A black person from Haiti is called a Haitian.

A white American is called an American, not European-American, or White-American. Why can't blacks be labeled the same?

I mean, I imagine "black" isn't really offensive, but let's be real here, they are not even "black", they are brown. You'll find people closer to the black color in West Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              How about just American for black people from US?

A black person from Jamaica is called a Jamaican. A black person from Great Britain is called British. A black person from Haiti is called a Haitian.

A white American is called an American, not European-American, or White-American. Why can't blacks be labeled the same?

I mean, I imagine "black" isn't really offensive, but let's be real here, they are not even "black", they are brown. You'll find people closer to the black color in West Africa.
              Considering it took a million man march for some people to wake up and realize both white and blacks were equal as human beings, the term "African-American" will never go away.

Those who are black now have much pride in their history in America and what they have overcome and are proud to be black.
              Those who are white now recognize the wrongs of the past if not feel a bit guilty about America's racist past.

We're all Americans in my country, but American history has our eyes see color in a different light sometimes.

Comment

Human culture can blind us from human nature.

Comment

Funny.

I've never met one I didn't get along with, outside of a thug kid named Musah that tried to rip me off.

He was one of those never ever wear a shirt boys though. Probably in the big house now.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

If I had to use a word I'd say "outcast".

The way people treat them is pretty ridiculous. They're villified for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I have no answer.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Call them by their respective names. If you don't know the name then ask them what it is, refer to them as Mr/Mrs/Miss etc when asking...

Comment

Working...
                      X