Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who live in Tropical/Hot climates: where do you keep your thermostat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who live in Tropical/Hot climates: where do you keep your thermostat?

Me and my girl are always ****ing fighting over the thermostat. She wants to live inside an igloo and keep the mother****er on all day, draining all of our electricity and making sure we pay triple digits every month on the bill

And I say, if you can't handle the heat, why the **** are we living in Miami? If you get too used to the air conditioning, then you will be sweating your balls off when you don't have it.

She wants to keep it at 70 degrees 24/7 and I say open a ****ing window in the daytime. Where do you keep yours at?

Comment

stop being so cheap and keep that ac on...is hot as hell in Miami

Originally posted by IBEN View Post
      If you get too used to the air conditioning, then you will be sweating your balls off when you don't have it.
      you wouldn't want her balls leaving sweat marks on the couch

Comment

Agreed with Jose. Over here in miami if there's one thing you want to invest in,its an ac,and a cold one at that. If not, you'll be swimming in your own ball sweat in no time. Hell,the coldest its been all year is 30 something a few days ago,and now were back in the 80s.

Comment

Sigh alright I guess I can keep it a little cooler.

The problem is I grew up in Philippines where 90 degree weather and extreme humidity and nothing but a thang. My baby's from Chicago =/

We moved in together this december so everything was good in the cold weather but now it's getting hot again and she wants the A.C on all the time.

Comment

As a hvac tech of 8+ years, there isn't a married couples house I go to that doesn't have this issue. I get a good laugh about it every time.

You do have options.... You can upgrade your Tstat to one that requires a password to change the programmed settings. You can even upgrade to a model that uses wifi that you can access and change from your smart phone or computer. Or you can go good old fashion lock box style! Your best bet will be upgrading your Tstat to a model that shows energy tracking benefits. This way you can input your electricity rate and show your savings to you GF. Turning your Tstat up 2-4 degrees has huuuugggee energy saving benefits.

But at the end of the day it's very important to keep the AC on in high humidity areas. If not for your own good, to keep it out of the inside of the home. Humidity is very difficult to remove.

Also the temperature you choose to keep it on mostly relies on how well your house is built. Windows, doors roofing etc plays a major role in your climate control. 70 degree setting in your house may equal to a 74 degree setting in a well built and insulated home.
            Last edited by borgata; 02-24-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

It's 12 degrees F right now. It was -6 when I left for work yesterday morning.

Comment

Hot in Miami.. yeah.... It felt like -30C yesterday here in Toronto.

Shoot me

Comment

Working...
                X