No announcement yet.

Should we put an end to dogfighting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we put an end to dogfighting?

I think dogfighting is cruel and inhumane. What do you think?

No, dogfighting is okay
    25.00%
    Yes, it's unethical and cruel and should be stopped
    75.00%

How would you put an end to it?

Make it illegal perhaps?

Oh.

Comment

Yes.

Because dogs can be more loyal and noble creatures than some human beings.

Why would we force them to tear each other apart?

Comment

Originally posted by IBEN View Post
        Yes.

Because dogs can be more loyal and noble creatures than some human beings.

Why would we force them to tear each other apart?
        Ah, but a happy person could be more loyal and noble than some dogs.
        Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 02-23-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I don't like it at all.

Comment

It's ****ed up. It's not just the fighting it's the way the dogs are treated. Dragging heavy ass chains around all day, being dehydrated and beaten for aggression. A common technique used by dog fighters to ensure more aggressive dogs is severe inbreeding.

2:00 minutes in:

Comment

You can have all the laws and penalties you want, you can't stop this sort of thing from happening. It's fuked up but such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                Stiffer penalties, new laws in some states, enforce the already-existing laws in other states.
                I believe it's been a felony in every state in the US since 2008 to organize or have a dog involved in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  I believe it's been a felony in every state in the US since 2008 to organize or have a dog involved in a fight.
                  The laws have improved, but dogfighting is still "a multi-million-dollar industry that is part of an underground subculture that holds its events in secret locations. It is extremely difficult for authorities to prove who has dogs for fighting purposes."

There needs to be the political will to eradicate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    The laws have improved, but dogfighting is still "a multi-million-dollar industry that is part of an underground subculture that holds its events in secret locations. It is extremely difficult for authorities to prove who has dogs for fighting purposes."

There needs to be the political will to eradicate it.
                    The US has far more pressing concerns then the total eradication of dog fighting.

And this isn't just a US only problem, by the way. It happens around the globe. Many cultures and nations have dog fights, and dog breeds that are renowned for their gameness.

I'm not against the outlawing of dog fights, but on the grand scheme of things, it rates rather low in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X