Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worse injury you've ever gotten?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worse injury you've ever gotten?

I recently messed up my two small toes on my bed, they bent in an awkward position and they are sore as hell right now. I've had jammed fingers before when I was really into basketball and I've sprained my ankle like once. I've been lucky I haven't had horrible injuries. Just minor ones. What about you guys? Have you ever had bad injuries? Any rehab involved?

Burst my eardrum playing football (soccer, fat yanks).

Double hernia as well playing footy. The ear hurt more. It was pissing pink fluid for hours.

Comment

it wasn't really an injury, but i had lyme disease in '11, and couldn't walk for several weeks. it was f#cking scary, particularly before it was diagnosed. i actully diagnosed myself. i was bitten by a tick about 8 months prior. i woke up in the morning feeling like i was shot in the leg, and there was a tiny little tick biting me. i should have given it more thought. i still have a hard spot on the skin on that part of my leg. it's about half the size of a dime.

i've since made a full recovery from my symptoms, but lyme disease can't be cured.

Comment

Broke my wrist when I was in first grade. I tried to jump from the porch to a tree and missed the branch, fell on my twisted wrist. My wrist wasn't fully broken so that damn doctors had to break it for me before they casted me up.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          it wasn't really an injury, but i had lyme disease in '11, and couldn't walk for several weeks. it was f#cking scary, particularly before it was diagnosed. i actully diagnosed myself. i was bitten by a tick about 8 months prior. i woke up in the morning feeling like i was shot in the leg, and there was a tiny little tick biting me. i should have given it more thought. i still have a hard spot on the skin on that part of my leg. it's about half the size of a dime.

i've since made a full recovery from my symptoms, but lyme disease can't be cured.
          That sucks. How did you get the ticks? Do you have a lot of dogs inside your place?

Comment

broke my left hand in a fight.

Comment

Can't really pick one.
              Mildly Dislocated my left shoulder 4 times in the last year. Loose compared to my right.
              Sprained right ankle that hobbled me for two weeks when I was 9.
              Re-accurring wrist tendonitis in my left wrist. Usually sets in when I go up in dumbbell weight and doesn't go away for weeks. Currently facing this.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                That sucks. How did you get the ticks? Do you have a lot of dogs inside your place?

lol...

going outdoors, bro.

it's the tiny little "deer ticks" that carry lyme disease, not the ones you usually see all grey and swollen on your dog.

there should be more robust educational systems in place in my region. nobody told me that you have lyme disease if you have a bullseye rash. i thought they had to get to a certain size, etc, due to all of the wives tales i had heard. lyme disease is relatively common for such a potentially debilitating disease.

if you have a bullseye rash, you should be given a run of serious antibiotics immediately.

Comment

Fell off a horse in the summer between 8th grade and freshman year and ruptured my spleen and broke my hand, was in the hospital for two weeks but no surgery ended up being required. More recently, I tore my ACL and had ACL replacement surgery on it.

Comment

dislocated knee ended my pro flag football running back career

elbow compound fracture ended my pro touch football quarterback career

dislocated shoulder ended my pro softball pitcher career

punctured liver ended my pro drinking days

Comment

Working...
                    X