Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worse injury you've ever gotten?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    was the coma from the accident or medically-induced?

my coma was medically induced. when i was in surgery i caught a fever. they left me open, put me in a coma til my fever went away then finished up couple days later.

are you the one from calabasas, scott? those roads are dangerous on bike.
    The coma was from the accident. I woke up the next day at UCLA hospital, not far from where it occurred. It was my fault as I was still buzzed from the night before and had no business on a small motorcycle. It was a long time ago and I'm still not clear what exactly caused it, but there were no other people involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      The coma was from the accident. I woke up the next day at UCLA hospital, not far from where it occurred. It was my fault as I was still buzzed from the night before and had no business on a small motorcycle. It was a long time ago and I'm still not clear what exactly caused it, but there were no other people involved.
      those injury induced comas are scary.

bikes are dangerous man. do you still ride?

my friend bought a fat boy a few months ago and got hit 1st month.

some chick backing out just didn't see him and tagged him as he rode by.

Comment

Broke my arm when I was younger, broke my hand twice (still a lump, cramps up if I write or something too much). Ruptured my spleen. Sprained my ankle bad enough to need crutches. Messed up my neck and my lower back wrestling (those never healed). Twisted my knee really bad about 2 years ago. Almost needed surgery (the orthopedic surgeon thought I may have had a torn meniscus). That took over a year to heal, and required rehab (I studied up and did it myself, at the gym. At one point I thought it'd never heal).

Those were the worst ones, off the top of my head.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-18-2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          lol...

going outdoors, bro.

it's the tiny little "deer ticks" that carry lyme disease, not the ones you usually see all grey and swollen on your dog.

there should be more robust educational systems in place in my region. nobody told me that you have lyme disease if you have a bullseye rash. i thought they had to get to a certain size, etc, due to all of the wives tales i had heard. lyme disease is relatively common for such a potentially debilitating disease.

if you have a bullseye rash, you should be given a run of serious antibiotics immediately.
          This why I don't want to go camping even though I love nature because of the horror stories you hear. I remember my friend went rock climbing with his girl and the rope snapped and he broke his leg. They were miles and miles away from help. She had to try to carry him to the car and he is a big dude. He pretty much dragged himself to the car and he was in bad pain for like 2 hours until he went to the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Compartment Syndrome.

Bilateral fasciotomy on both sides of both legs. Had the entire anterior tibialis removed from my left leg(they couldn't save it), and part of the anterior tibialis removed from the right leg(they saved majority of it).

Was in the hospital for a month straight. Wasn't able to walk without assistance for 7 months.

Did you have to add a pic? I'm eating d*ck. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              those injury induced comas are scary.

bikes are dangerous man. do you still ride?

my friend bought a fat boy a few months ago and got hit 1st month.

some chick backing out just didn't see him and tagged him as he rode by.
              Oh hell no. That was a long time ago when I was a stupid kid. Wasn't even wearing a helmet.

Comment

Working...
              X