No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul [TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    this show is destined for greatness. just imagine more ted beneke-type scenarios with bill burr and huell down the line. hell, mike could even steal the show with his PI stuff.
    I am not giving up on it yet. Usually these shows in one episode have a lot of things going on at the same time the really keeps your interest and wanting more

Comment

First ep of Breaking Bad was just ok to me but obviously picked up afterward so I'm gonna stick with this one to see where it goes.

The scene with Tuco had me cracking up tho. Tight tight tight!!

Comment

I'm sure everyone caught this, but for those who didn't notice, the black and white prologue was of Jimmy's life after the events of Breaking Bad. Saul references this in Breaking Bad season 5. "Months from now best case scenario I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          I'm sure everyone caught this, but for those who didn't notice, the black and white prologue was of Jimmy's life after the events of Breaking Bad. Saul references this in Breaking Bad season 5. "Months from now best case scenario I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."

I figured it was after BB and he was in witness protection or something but that's a good catch, Nat!

Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            It totally had the whole breaking bad feel to it. The direction, the scenes, environment, and obviously characters. This show is going to be great.
            Yes it does have a breaking bad feel to it , this incompetent Saul that keeps ****ing up reminds me of early season of Walter white when he just got into meth the game and didn't know what he was doing .
            I thought this would be another lawyer Tv show with a breaking bad actor i love the direction they are taking better call saul

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
              I figured it was after BB and he was in witness protection or something but that's a good catch, Nat!

Haha!
              There are a couple other easter eggs in the episode that I read about.

The key Jimmy placed in Chuck's mailbox was The car remote to the trunk during the final episode of BB

Also, it shows his future Cadillac:

"The show exists in the Breaking Bad universe. It acknowledges the fact that Breaking Bad came first and Gilligan hints at what is yet to come. After losing a hopeless trial as a public defender, Jimmy McGill retreats to his beat up rust yellow Suzuki Esteem, parked in the shadow of a white Cadillac DeVille, the kind that Saul Goodman will one day “LWYRUP” in."

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Haha!
                what gave it away for me was the quick shot of his balding head, it was clearly an older saul. still a bit risky working at a mall though where so many people can just walk by and see you.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  what gave it away for me was the quick shot of his balding head, it was clearly an older saul. still a bit risky working at a mall though where so many people can just walk by and see you.
                  I thought it wad obvious with him being manager in a Cinnabun in Omaha I thought more breaking bad fans would appreciate the intro

Comment

I tend to watch shows in bulk so sadly I'll have to wait until there are only a few episodes left in the season to run through it all. Hope it is legendary.

Comment

They're showing the final season of Breaking Bad right now, and man was this show ****ing outstanding. The last 8 episodes are the best run of TV I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X