Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul [TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to buy a McDonald's so I can fire you. I'll roundhouse kick you in the head you buttholes

Comment

• It's not cliff hanger type of show like breaking bad but his little adventure to the top is hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Another great episode, bittholes.
        I'll go all Jean-Claude Van Damme on you.

That scam with the billboard was fantastic. Jimmy was a hell of a con man long before he was Saul.

I loved the scene with Chuck leaving the house. Equal parts hilarious and horrifying.

Comment

• My favorite episode yet.

Comment

• Comment

• I saw the first episode.

It was okay. In fact, there was nothing bad about it at all. And I always loved Odenkirk in Breaking Bad, one of my favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) characters in it.

Yet.... there's nothing compelling me to hit "play" on that second episode, and I don't know why that is.

Maybe it's because the fact that it's a prequel means there's never any inherent danger in the drama of it. (Will Saul get out of this one alive? Errrr... yes).

Maybe it's because, as great as he was in Breaking Bad, a supporting comedy character can rarely hold a show on his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                I saw the first episode.

It was okay. In fact, there was nothing bad about it at all. And I always loved Odenkirk in Breaking Bad, one of my favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) characters in it.

Yet.... there's nothing compelling me to hit "play" on that second episode, and I don't know why that is.

Maybe it's because the fact that it's a prequel means there's never any inherent danger in the drama of it. (Will Saul get out of this one alive? Errrr... yes).

Maybe it's because, as great as he was in Breaking Bad, a supporting comedy character can rarely hold a show on his own.
                Do yourself a favor and press Play. It's just like Breaking Bad, but with a little more dark comedy.

Comment

• It's worth a look? Go on, as you suggested, I'll give it a go.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    It's worth a look? Go on, as you suggested, I'll give it a go.
                    Yes sir. There aren't too many shows with good writing so it's worth watching when they do come along. Plus if you were a fan of Breaking Bad it's obviously set in the same universe and has the whole Breaking Bad vibe going on. I like all the little details they add in, you can call Saul's number (505-842-5662) and get a voice recording, stuff like that.

Comment

• Yeah, this show is worth watching, no doubt.

It could be one of the better spinoffs of all time.

I think there are actually a lot of ways they can go with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X