Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does extra terrestial Microbial life count?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    It counts for me, but I've met people who say it doesn't count unless its intelligent life. I think life is life and at one point life in our planet was down to microscopic proportions, and I would be ecstatic to find the same seeds of life anywhere else in the universe. That being said little green fkers would be more exciting I can agree with that, however; if the little green men find us first I have a feeling we will be in trouble, so id settle for some microbes in my life time.
    You should ask them what they mean by intelligent. All living beings exist to reproduce, its natural.

Comment

The possibility of there being other forms of intelligent species out in that big bad universe are fascinatingly immense. However proving they are there is more or less impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        You should ask them what they mean by intelligent. All living beings exist to reproduce, its natural.
        true but you dont see animals making movies, making art, etc etc.

our main purpose as a living being is just to not die and self perserve our selves, that why only thing that really matter is to reproduce but we as human went off on tangents with our lives and creativity that no other creature has.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          I would have to ask specifically next time or when someone posts that point of view here. Pretty sure the argument will turn into is when is life "intelligent enough" to count as an entity that would make us not the only ones in the universe. I agree with you about the life span ****. Imagine the aliens come and *******s become the way females say hi 1 year after we die. I be like.

In my grave.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post

our main purpose as a living being is just to not die and self perserve our selves, that why only thing that really matter is to reproduce but we as human went off on tangents with our lives and creativity that no other creature has.
            This is basically stepping into asking where humans get our conscious minds from. If people base intelligence off being able to create the idea "I think therefore I am" then thats saying humans are the only thing that counts as intelligent. But then by dismissing microbial life is to deny our roots, because at one point billions of years ago we too started from small unicellular organisms that existed simply to reproduce and survive.

Comment

I came here to say the exact words that have been said already "life is life".

However, I would like to meet intelligent life we can communicate with some how.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

However, I would like to meet intelligent life we can communicate with some how.
                What if there is already intelligent life that developed a James Webb x1000 Telescope and they have been watching us for awhile but they too don't have the means of transportation or communication to reach us.

Then eventually when we get the right telescope we will find them looking right back at us.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post

Well it's all natural anyway. We went on tangents and had to feed our curiosity because it's the effect of evolution. We had no choice but to become smarter, we were given brains with more potential I guess? that's not our fault. It's not like we were gonna become dumber, we had too many questions about our surroundings and why we are here, asking questions and getting correct answers makes you(the person who asked) smarter. Our curiosity made us ask questions and try to find solutions to our problems, and find easier ways to create fire, metaphorically speaking (Or literally speaking). It's not our fault that we look up in the sky and think, what is up there. While a Tiger looks up to the sky, and probably yawns. Blame evolution, which is natural. Of course there is a cause and effect to everything. So us become smarter, the effect is we've ruined Earth and we are wiping out everything in it, from animals to trees, to polar ice caps.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Agreed. Also the universe is massive, it's insane to think that there is nothing else out there.
                    Agreed. There are, ask REED, he even got a video lol.

On a serious note, l read an article title at physics.org yesterday that scientists have discovered simple life in distant star or something. l was in a hurry so l was not able to read the details.

lt took billions of years for life on earth to develop from unicellular to multicellular and ultimately to intelligent form. A Billion year is relatively short in cosmic setting, especially if the density of the universe is less than the critical density for it to crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

There is a concept where the structure of our DNA though it varies wildly from a Chimps is actually in terms of actual matter only 1% different. The smartest chimps can do very basic maths.

Imagine an alien that is 1% greater than us? Who is to say they would even bother, that the very smartest humans can do quantum physics well might be something that is as easy as counting for them. It is hard to even imagine that we could be stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X