Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insult Muhammed = Free Speach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that sound? It's the sound of all of the fucks not being given!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      By the way I feel duty-bound to criticise when other religions attempt to force their silly restrictions on others. For example in the US particularly but elsewhere as well you have a movement to prevent their employees from being able to receive health benefits that include contraception, and you also have a movement attempting bafflingly to prevent gays from marrying each other. Among Jews there have been a number of high profile cases of planes being delayed because bearded nitwits in funny hats were so incensed at the idea they may sit near a woman that they insisted on being moved.

Bullshit. If it was down to me the guys would be kicked off the plane and forced to walk. If your bronze age superstitions are so important to you, then you must forgo you use of twentieth century technology and suck it up, Hebrew princess.
      The other thing that bothers me is backing down to one religion because of threats of violence. Not certain whether it's true but I heard South Park, who mock pretty much everything, won't touch Islam because of threats of violence. They had apparently erased a couple of episodes.

How are they allowed to control things with violence? it's not right. Does everyone have to tiptoe around religion in fear of being beheaded or shot? Is this the kind of West people want?
      Last edited by Weebler I; 01-17-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Ta fu.ck out of here.

Mack gave up the roids I think. At least I hope.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Your inference was that they set out to provoke the anger of Muslims, that wasn't true. So you switched your argument to "all satire is provocative" just to try to make your statements accurate, i.e. playing on words.

Let's be clear, these images weren't to provoke anger of Muslims, they they were there to entertain and inform the magazine's readers - i.e. the people who purchase it, the people who want to read it, the people who enjoy it and pay for the pleasure.

Who reads a magazine to get angry? If a magazine offends you, do you read it? do you expect that magazine was written with you in mind? Of course not, because you won't buy again, so the notion that the magazine writers set out to provoke anger in people who don't read their magazine is a fallacious one. If people don't like it, they don't buy it, ignore it, it's not for them.

All the groups who were the subject of the cartoons did ignore it, except one, the group with a bunch of brainwashed nutters ready to kill at the drop of a hat.

Now I want to ask you, are you suggesting such cartoons are banned?
          You are trying to pick at every little element and break it down to an argument.

I could do the same with your statement above but there is very little point.

I don't like the notion of censorship but at the same time realise it's of practical necessity.

Which brings me full loop I still don't understand why you'd choose to do something that will offend people!? The defence that some people find it funny is a poor one.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            I've seen many people online that don't like the whole "Je Suis Charlie" thing with this picture......Do you agree, do they have a point?

Ya well people don't try to blow you up for insulting women last time i checked so context

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              The other thing that bothers me is backing down to one religion because of threats of violence. Not certain whether it's true but I heard South Park, who mock pretty much everything, won't touch Islam because of threats of violence. They had apparently erased a couple of episodes.
              South Park made a Muhammad episode in 2001 before the rise of the Islamophobia meme in 2005-ish when apparently it became really offensive to depict him. So after that they made an episode in which he was censored, resulting in death threats. TV networks responded to the death threats by censoring the episode about censorship even more.

If you censor a show about censorship then the satirists win.

How are they allowed to control things with violence? it's not right. Does everyone have to tiptoe around religion in fear of being beheaded or shot? Is this the kind of West people want?
              And this is why nous somme Charlie.

Comment

Do you not think you could insight any other religion or group to an act of violence?

Comment

South Park made a Muhammad episode in 2001 before the rise of the Islamophobia meme in 2005-ish when apparently it became really offensive to depict him. So after that they made an episode in which he was censored, resulting in death threats. TV networks responded to the death threats by censoring the episode about censorship even more.

If you censor a show about censorship then the satirists win.

And this is why nous somme Charlie.
                  I like the notion that in their absence they become more present.
                  Thats an interesting concept.

Comment

By the way I feel duty-bound to criticise when other religions attempt to force their silly restrictions on others. For example in the US particularly but elsewhere as well you have a movement to prevent their employees from being able to receive health benefits that include contraception, and you also have a movement attempting bafflingly to prevent gays from marrying each other. Among Jews there have been a number of high profile cases of planes being delayed because bearded nitwits in funny hats were so incensed at the idea they may sit near a woman that they insisted on being moved.

Bullshit. If it was down to me the guys would be kicked off the plane and forced to walk. If your bronze age superstitions are so important to you, then you must forgo you use of twentieth century technology and suck it up, Hebrew princess.
                    Are you and your boyfriend married or do you live somewhere where its illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      really dude? people are ridiculing their beliefs and for no reason other than being disrespectful. naturally you dont have to agree with other peoples believes, but there is absolutely no reason to mock them.

whether muhammad is real or not isnt the point, the point is people should be allowed to have faith without being mocked and ridiculed for it. hell, even if someone USED TO believe something but no longer do. you would be a d!ck for mocking him for it.

ridiculing people isnt nice, regardless of what you are ridiculing them for. more so than not nice its just completely unnecessary, thats what really gets me. you have no reason to belittle millions of people, those responsible deserve whats coming to them. its just a shame innocent people have to fall victim too, including the offended muslims.

i know, right? if muslims were going to shoot and bomb people it should be taking the initiative towards an entirely innocent people. not standing up to the latest wave of whitewashing on behalf of the christian world.

the real americans.. check
                      blacks.. check
                      jews.. check
                      gypsies.. check
                      gays.. check

not too many people to check off the old "to oppress list". if i was an eskimo i would be scared ****less right about now.

I never said it was OK to laugh at someone belief. But the thing is that. They killed 17 people for it. IS that normal? How many jews jokes u hear in television etc? How many black jokes or gay jokes?

People dont have to die for this. They made jokes about Catholics, Jews, Buddhist etc etc and no one ever even thought about killing them for it. Got many Muslim friends who were not offended for it. Im a Catholic and was never offended by the pictures of Jesus on the cross., laughing at him. So if you think thats OK to get kill for something like this, than you should join those groups cause ur a psycho.

Comment

Working...
                      X