Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will interstellar travel ever happen? Will humans ever reach other star systems?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
    Impossible for human brain. We are not that smart. We haven't even had manned mission to Mars after more than 5 decades of mission to moon. And you talking manned mission to a place light years away from moon. Impossible for humans.
    I bet cave men thought that it would be impossible to go to the moon, hell I'm still not 100% convinced that we did, but yeah apparently it happened which proves that we can do things that seem impossible.

Comment

Comment

I think the general idea is to bend time and get from one place to another in the form of a shortcut / wormhole to travel through.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          I think the general idea is to bend time and get from one place to another in the form of a shortcut / wormhole to travel through.

This. I think it will be posible when we learn how to create and harness more advanced energy systems. You could do anything you wanted to/in the universe if you had access to very powerful energy sources.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
            This. I think it will be posible when we learn how to create and harness more advanced energy systems. You could do anything you wanted to/in the universe if you had access to very powerful energy sources.
            Depending on what you believe from different accounts of people who worked in S4 / Area 51 and were "Reverse Engineering" Alien ships (look up Bob Lazar), Who's to say Interstellar travel hasn't already occurred?

Comment

Depending on what you believe from different accounts of people who worked in S4 / Area 51 and were "Reverse Engineering" Alien ships (look up Bob Lazar), Who's to say Interstellar travel hasn't already occurred?

Could be but i doubt it, was watching a video on VSAUCE(youtube science blog), where some economists estimated that given current growth etc it will take about a 1000 years for us to get there. I don't think we can begin to percieve the energy sources needed for such things yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                You're from Memphis and your telling me you don't fire up the grill every weekend in the summer?

lol...i just did that this weekend

Comment

Comment

I've seen those videos and Bob Lazar seems like he wouldn't be the type of guy to make things up, but the problem is that he's linked to absolute nutjobs like john leer, so you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
                    X