Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys invest in the stock market or invest in general?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Do you guys invest in the stock market or invest in general?

I'm thinking about investing in the stock market. Any of you guys have done it before? Any tips? I know about buy low, sell high but that's all I know. I wouldn't mind trying it out and see what happens. Trying to find other ways to increase my networth.

Buy low...sell high.

Comment

Yes and you should too. Im a bond trader and have been in the industry for 14 years.

It's still the greatest way to create wealth over extended periods. Just don't listen to anyone who will tell you they will get you rich quick. (That goes for any industry not just the stock market)

Find someone around you that has experience.

Comment

Yes I invest and follow markets... I have invested since the early-mid 90s and have had success...
        I am well versed in the markets and feel free to ask any questions... Investing can be easy if you can understand the basics and not be greedy or scared

I have an official stock market and investment thread I will bump for you..

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
          Yes and you should too. Im a bond trader and have been in the industry for 14 years.

It's still the greatest way to create wealth over extended periods. Just don't listen to anyone who will tell you they will get you rich quick. (That goes for any industry not just the stock market)

Find someone around you that has experience.
          What do you think of pimco and bill gross parting ways in the bond industry...

Comment

I dont really invest, but I do make my money for me and make me more money. Tons of ways online to earn money and if you spend more then hour a day online then you should surely start learning all the ways to make income. Lots of money to go around online.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
              I'm thinking about investing in the stock market. Any of you guys have done it before? Any tips? I know about buy low, sell high but that's all I know. I wouldn't mind trying it out and see what happens. Trying to find other ways to increase my networth.
              If your thinking about investing in the market, it's at incredible high right now, then I can suggest using a dollar-cost averaging system... Which means if your going to invest a total sum say $1000, instead of spending it all at once, invest $200 every month or 2 till your 1000 is gone. This allows you to spread your price point around and helps protect cash,, if market goes up, great you made money.. And if it goes down, you haven't spent all your money and can now buy at cheaper prices in a down market,,, Over a long period of 15 years or more you will see some nice gains.. I would suggest putting money each money in a low cost index fund

Investing isnt a quick process, it's buying ownership of great companies and then sharing the profits over 5,10,20,50 years... It's a long process, that's why its good to start young

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                What do you think of pimco and bill gross parting ways in the bond industry...
                Hahaha. Good one. It wasn't suprising. Pimco wasn't the same and dude was getting really weird from what I heard. Mohammad Al Erian leaving was the straw that broke the camels back. Anyways Gross is rich probably concentrating on his stamp collection now, don't expect much from his new fund. DoubleLine is looking like the new fixed income shop where the money is going to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  If your thinking about investing in the market, it's at incredible high right now, then I can suggest using a dollar-cost averaging system... Which means if your going to invest a total sum say $1000, instead of spending it all at once, invest $200 every month or 2 till your 1000 is gone. This allows you to spread your price point around and helps protect cash,, if market goes up, great you made money.. And if it goes down, you haven't spent all your money and can now buy at cheaper prices in a down market,,, Over a long period of 15 years or more you will see some nice gains.. I would suggest putting money each money in a low cost index fund

Investing isnt a quick process, it's buying ownership of great companies and then sharing the profits over 5,10,20,50 years... It's a long process, that's why its good to start young
                  Wow, sounds like you know your stuff. Yeah, I'm a compete noob when it comes to stuff like this. I'll subscribe to your thread and send you a friend request so I can PM you when I figure out how much money I should invest in. I was always interested in the stock market but I didn't know how to get started and how to invest.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                    Hahaha. Good one. It wasn't suprising. Pimco wasn't the same and dude was getting really weird from what I heard. Mohammad Al Erian leaving was the straw that broke the camels back. Anyways Gross is rich probably concentrating on his stamp collection now, don't expect much from his new fund. DoubleLine is looking like the new fixed income shop where the money is going to.
                    Yeah I was just reading about his last days at pimco,,, seemed like he was getting alittle senile in the office, didn't like the changes and seemed like an old man stuck in his ways...
                    Said the dude made a 290 million bonus a few years ago... Damn

Comment

Working...
                    X