No announcement yet.

Cricketer Phil Hughes critical after being hit by ball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uklad View Post
    The bouncers aren't really meant to hurt the batsman, its a legitimate delivery and not many can bowl perfect bouncers, its to make them uncomfortable on the crease, its also a perfect delivery to get the batsman out most of the times, (caught behind,slips,caught and bold ,over the top catch to the fielder etc.).
    Id say they are meant to either hurt or cause fear of being hurt.

Most dismissals as a result of bouncers come from the fear factor.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      How about getting rid of the act of striking other players with the ball(the padding is irrelevant now as we have just witnessed with this tragedy) altogether and heavily penalizing it? I think it is a savage act in what I thought to be a decent sport. That's why I'm not gonna fellate Abbott like the rest of the sport's fans are doing now because if he didn't throw the ball towards Hughes this wouldn't have happened.

What a strange post considering you post on a "boxing" website...

Abbott was only doing what was is in the rules, no blame should be put on him. A short ball is not to cause harm but is to force the batsman into a mistake.
      "padding is irrelevant". Yeah try batting with no leg, hand, hip or chest padding...

The incident was a freak accident which lays with the design of the helmet, or lack of padding around the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post

What a strange post considering you post on a "boxing" website...

Abbott was only doing what was is in the rules, no blame should be put on him. A short ball is not to cause harm but is to force the batsman into a mistake.
        "padding is irrelevant". Yeah try batting with no leg, hand, hip or chest padding...

The incident was a freak accident which lays with the design of the helmet, or lack of padding around the neck.
        What the hell is strange about it you moron? Boxing is a full-contact COMBAT sport where the participants are fully aware of the risks and dangers of the sport. You don't go out there on the Cricket field and expect that you might get your skull cracked because a guy threw the ball at you as hard he could.

Somebody already posted a video of old school cricket where yes, guys weren't wearing padding and getting struck to the body violently.

Again I am aware that injuries like this are not intended and rare, but how is it that nobody considers that it could go horribly wrong one day? INTENTION is not good enough. If I were Abbott I damn sure would feel responsible for the death of a man.

Comment

What the hell is strange about it you moron? Boxing is a full-contact COMBAT sport where the participants are fully aware of the risks and dangers of the sport. You don't go out there on the Cricket field and expect that you might get your skull cracked because a guy threw the ball at you as hard he could.

Somebody already posted a video of old school cricket where yes, guys weren't wearing padding and getting struck to the body violently.

Again I am aware that injuries like this are not intended and rare, but how is it that nobody considers that it could go horribly wrong one day? INTENTION is not good enough. If I were Abbott I damn sure would feel responsible for the death of a man.
          Fast bowlers are there to do just that, bowl hard and fast at the person batting.

This is a freak accident that is bound to cause knee-jerk reactions such as this post.

Comment

you are an idiot, who don't have any ****ing clue about the sport nor has watched any single cricket game in his life..

stick to sports you have a clue about.

Comment

^Looks like my prediction early on in this thread where I expected fanatics to come out and claim you have to be a hardcore fan who watches tons of Cricket to be allowed to comment on this issue, came true.

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              Fast bowlers are there to do just that, bowl hard and fast at the person batting.

This is a freak accident that is bound to cause knee-jerk reactions such as this post.
              They are there to crack people's skulls?

Comment

So lets blame the bowler shall we??

You're are such an idiot, you are just full of contradictions, its not even worth discussing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                  So lets blame the bowler shall we??

You're are such an idiot, you are just full of contradictions, its not even worth discussing with you.
                  Says the goofball using a nonsensical straw-man earlier. Explain your brilliant comparison with the sport of Boxing again please.

Comment

Last year 8 teenagers died from injuries sustained playing High School American Football. Several more indirectly died as a result of the sport (dying from heat stroke after a game/training session and other similar incidents)

Do those calling for a ban on bouncers in cricket, want a ban on tackling in high school football too?

Comment

^Looks like my prediction early on in this thread where I expected fanatics to come out and claim you have to be a hardcore fan who watches tons of Cricket to be allowed to comment on this issue, came true.

They are there to crack people's skulls?
                      I'm guessing you don't actually give two shits about the safety of the sport of Cricket, but are just one of those people who fly off the handle and claim moral outrage just to vent.

Comment

Working...
                      X