Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the ending of INTERSTELLAR......MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
    You are not understanding. If plan b people put a wormhole and save people of earth today. many years from now plan b people will not put a worm hole anymore coz people of earth today has already been saved. Then who put that worm hole in the first place? Thus altering the future..
    That's what I'm agreeing with you man! Lol

I'm saying the only thing that could make sense is if Plan B people DIDN'T PUT A WORMHOLE there.....and the wormhole was naturally occurring (Murphy's Law)

I'm in agreement that Plan B's people couldn't put a wormhole there because how did the people from earth get there without the wormhole???

I totally agree on that front. What I'm saying is the only thing that coudl make 100% total sense is the Plan B people didn't put the wormhole there, that was naturally occurring, but Plan B's people put the extra dimension in the black hole there for Cooper to fall into and give the data from it to Murph, so that the humans from the past on earth coudl be saved and eventually join Plan B's colony on the otherwise of the wormhole. That's the only explanation I could figure out that would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      That's what I'm agreeing with you man! Lol

I'm saying the only thing that could make sense is if Plan B people DIDN'T PUT A WORMHOLE there.....and the wormhole was naturally occurring (Murphy's Law)

I'm in agreement that Plan B's people couldn't put a wormhole there because how did the people from earth get there without the wormhole???

I totally agree on that front. What I'm saying is the only thing that coudl make 100% total sense is the Plan B people didn't put the wormhole there, that was naturally occurring, but Plan B's people put the extra dimension in the black hole there for Cooper to fall into and give the data from it to Murph, so that the humans from the past on earth coudl be saved and eventually join Plan B's colony on the otherwise of the wormhole. That's the only explanation I could figure out that would make sense.
      No, people of the future didn't do anything. That is the only thing that would make sense.

If people of future add extra dimension and save present people of earth. Many years after that who would put that extra dimension? No one because present people of earth has already been saved so no one from the future will add extra dimension. That is the paradox of time traveling.

Comment

I don't even understand why time is slow or fast near the black hole. When they went to the 1st planet with huge waves for a few hours then came back, 20+ years has gone by. That sh.it was confusing. I read about it before but still doesn't understand that logic.
        General relativity

Basically the curvature of spacetime can slow down near a black hole because a beam of light for instance has to cover a greater distance near a black hole. But to someone in that extreme gravitational field, light must always appear like 300K km/sec or something like that. So time would have to slow down for them, compared to someone outside of that gravitational field, which is why time there is not the same as time outside that gravitational field.

Comment

General relativity

Basically the curvature of spacetime can slow down near a black hole because a beam of light for instance has to cover a greater distance near a black hole. But to someone in that extreme gravitational field, light must always appear like 300K km/sec or something like that. So time would have to slow down for them, compared to someone outside of that gravitational field, which is why time there is not the same as time outside that gravitational field.
          lol as I said I've read this before but didn't fully understand it. If I'm bored I will look into this further. I have little idea how light or speed of light affects time. And this space time curvature still confuse me.

I'm a disgrace to my fellow nerds for not understanding this. Lol

Comment

No, people of the future didn't do anything. That is the only thing that would make sense.

If people of future add extra dimension and save present people of earth. Many years after that who would put that extra dimension? No one because present people of earth has already been saved so no one from the future will add extra dimension. That is the paradox of time traveling.
            Essentially once the people from earth have been saved, they're saved. There wouldn't be need to go back in time to alter anything, everything has already happened.

All the future people were doing was going back in time to do that so the humans from earth could be saved, and join them in the Plan B colony on Edmunds planet. I get the future would be changed for those beings because the humans from earth would have joined them on the Plan B colony, but they could still do the same thing again to ensure that humanity on earth is saved. So essentially that point in time would stay the same I guess.

But we agree......there's now way they could have put the wormhole there. Unless some form of humanity survived earth....but that would make no sense because then what would the need for saving everyone be???
            Last edited by 4Corners; 11-08-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Either way.....Nolan yet again has people talking

This movie was like a flawed masterpiece to me. It's not 2001 level but I do believe in future years it could go down as a modern sci fi classic.

Distrcit 9, Gravity Interstellar, Inception....who says Sci Fi sucks now days??? I'm tired of hearing that from people that grew up in the 60's and 70's.

Also, heard the visual representation of the wormhole and black hole were the absolute most realistic possible. Some stunning visuals in this movie.

Comment

This movie has the same "problem" Terminator had with time traveling....

If John Connor's dad was Kyle Reese sent from the future to protect his mom.....how was he born in the first place???

If the wormhole was created by future humans.....how were the present humans on earth saved in the first place without the wormhole???

Comment

This movie has the same "problem" Terminator had with time traveling....

If John Connor's dad was Kyle Reese sent from the future to protect his mom.....how was he born in the first place???

If the wormhole was created by future humans.....how were the present humans on earth saved in the first place without the wormhole???

Comment

Because time isn't linear in the post 3D world. Its very circular, so an individual in the 4th dimension would see you age at different points in your life at the same time.

Comment

Alright......so I understand EVERYTHING about the ending except for 1 plot hole.......

If the future humans who had mastered gravity and time, and had evolved to the point where they could do that......if they were the descendants from Plan B when Amelia landed on Edmunds planet, and the future humans placed the wormhole there for the present day humans in the film to use.........

How did they survive in the first place without the wormhole??? You know what I mean??? To be the descending humans from Amelia/Plan B/Edmunds planet, they would have needed the wormhole there in the first place to get to those planets and for everything else to happen.

The only....only explanation I can think of is this.....the wormhole wasn't created by the future humans, only the extra dimension in the black hole was so that Cooper could get the data from the black hole back to Murph in order for PLan A to work and the rest of humanity could be saved. The wormhole must have been a result of Murphy's Law.....whatever CAN HAPPEN....WILL HAPPEN.

So basically the wormhole formed, they discovered it, and sent Cooper and the team through it. Everything that transpired happened, and at the end Cooper sacrifices himself so Amelia could get to Edmunds planet and start the new human colony. Cooper dies in the black hole, but because Amelia knows he sacrificed himself to ensure the human race lives on, he is remembered as the savior of mankind. Thus, way way way way into the distant future, this future human race has evolved and mastered gravity/time and all that, and have become 5th dimensional beings.

They go back into time and create the extra dimension/tessarect inside the black hole directly for Cooper to communicate with Murph (because Cooper is remembered by these future humans as humanities savior), so that the rest of the humans that eventually died on earth could be rescued/saved with the data from within the black hole.

Am I correct or way off???
                      There were no 5th dimensional beings. There were no future people. Nobody "put" the wormhole there. The wormhole most likely occured naturally from a collapsed star that became a black hole. Physics has proven that matter and energy cannot be destroyed. It cannot simply disappear, even if it enters a black hole. "Something" cannot turn into "nothing". It's mathematically impossible. Whatever enters into a black hole is redistributed elsewhere, thus the wormhole theory.

The only one from the "future" was cooper, because he entered into the black hole singularity, where all time and possibility occurs at once.

Once inside the singularity, his love for murph was what pinpointed him back to her, to that specific location in time and possibility because love transcends all time and possibility.

Love transcends the 4th dimension, because the 4th dimension is the realm of possibility. No matter what possibility occurs in any infinite scenario, love always stays the same. Love is constant, never changing.
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-10-2014, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X