Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Filipinos like Dwayne Wade so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Filipinos like Dwayne Wade so much?

I was playing around with terms on google trends and I checked Dwayne Wade's stats for the hell of it, and there's a significantly higher volume of dwayne wade searches in philippines than anywhere else, including Miami and America as a whole

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...%20WADE&cmpt=q

Dwayne Wade also happens to be one of my favorite players.. what the hell? Why do we like Dwayne Wade so much.

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    I was playing around with terms on google trends and I checked Dwayne Wade's stats for the hell of it, and there's a significantly higher volume of dwayne wade searches in philippines than anywhere else, including Miami and America as a whole

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...%20WADE&cmpt=q

Dwayne Wade also happens to be one of my favorite players.. what the hell? Why do we like Dwayne Wade so much.

I guess he's just a beast in general.. And Philippines is a huge basketball country.

Makes sense they would like a great player. But maybe there is a particular reason why he's searched more than other huge stars?

Comment

I went to Marquette while Dwayne Wade was there.

Comment

Spoelstra, maybe?

Comment

If google existed during the michael jordan era, then they'd need a higher y-axis scale to show he big he was among us pinoys.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Spoelstra, maybe?
            That's why a good amount of them like the Heat. I think Wade falls in there because he's been in Miami since his start

Comment

he is considered extremely handsome over there

Comment

Pinoys knew who's the true leader of the team, not some outsider who ditch away after he got tired of it

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  If google existed during the michael jordan era, then they'd need a higher y-axis scale to show he big he was among us pinoys.
                  Honestly anywhere in Asia. When I would tell people I was from Chicago people would immediately say "Michael Jordan". And then of course "Al Capone. Bang. Bang.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Honestly anywhere in Asia. When I would tell people I was from Chicago people would immediately say "Michael Jordan". And then of course "Al Capone. Bang. Bang.

lol

word, dwayne wade is a non entity compared to jordan's popularity even up to now and good you mention al capone, nobody knows who elliot ness is, it's all al capone and he's an effin scumbag who embraced the limelight during the prohibition era.

Comment

Working...
                    X