Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO Black peeps: Does it offend you when called as African-Anerican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Black peeps: Does it offend you when called as African-Anerican?

This article: http://www.mtv.com/news/1957694/rave...n-black-oprah/ had me thinking, if you feel the same way like her.

I'm white and I'm sick of being called white. I want to be called European American. :jerk: Kidding of course..

I think the term African American is kind of stupid. Every single black person I know doesn't mind being called black. In fact, a guy I used to work with hated being called African American because he wasn't fucking born in Africa. He was born in the US.

Comment

Abosworthfrican american

Comment

Originally posted by Rockim' View Post
        Abosworthfrican american

Rockimerican.

Comment

new anglo.

i've been thinking about a full heel turn lately. it is coming. new anglo will be the symbol that bscene needs.

Comment

No I'm not offended by that term.

I do understand what Raven was talking about in that article and I agree with her.

Comment

Black Latinos get offended when people call them African American just because they're black.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
                No I'm not offended by that term.

I do understand what Raven was talking about in that article and I agree with her.
                Are you offended if someone refers to you as black? Like I said before, I've never met a black person who referred to themselves as African American nor were they offended if someone called them black.

Comment

black people are you offended if someone calls you

Black?
                  African American?
                  Negro?

I ask cause I have come across those who got offended by at least one of those not matter what but the majority I have come across don't even care its all about tone and reference and context with them.
                  Last edited by Daylyt; 10-10-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

in a lot of places outside america, blacks are still called negros.

Comment

Working...
                    X