Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best actor of these ten Oscar winners?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
    ''The heart!!! the heart!!''

The Butcher: The heart??!!! THIS BOY HAS NO HEART!

My favorite scene.
    I don't get why people don't like that movie more. It's my favorite of any Scorsese movie after Goodfellas, except maybe Wolf of Wall Street.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Last few years he's been great. But we got to remember most of his work prior was crappy romance-comedy films and just overall decent to bad roles (with a few exceptions of course).

Have you seen his new car commercials, I think for Lincoln? Lol all super serious and ****. He's come a long way
      You know what I realized after True Detective and those car commercials? I could watch that man ramble on about whatever and have a decent enough time watching it. Maybe he ends up like Morgan Freeman one day, narrating everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I don't get why people don't like that movie more. It's my favorite of any Scorsese movie after Goodfellas, except maybe Wolf of Wall Street.
        is wasn't as great as many scorsese masterpiece, Cameron diaz is awful in that movie and all the scene doesn't really blend together. but it still a good movie, i rate it 7/10

Comment

A really great actor should be able to play someone very different than themselves (Charlize Theron as serial killer Aileen Wuornos for example).

Daniel Day-Lewis is always the same in every movie. The character in There Will Be Blood is virtually the same personality as the character in Gangs of New York and his other films.

Denzel Washington has performed as contrasting personalities, for example the very honorable, honest police officer in Fallen and the crafty villain in Training Day. And his Malcolm X was a great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
            A really great actor should be able to play someone very different than themselves (Charlize Theron as serial killer Aileen Wuornos for example).

Daniel Day-Lewis is always the same in every movie. The character in There Will Be Blood is virtually the same personality as the character in Gangs of New York and his other films.

Denzel Washington has performed as contrasting personalities, for example the very honorable, honest police officer in Fallen and the crafty villain in Training Day. And his Malcolm X was a great performance.

LOL the greedy oilman Daniel Plainview is the same character as Christy Brown, a guy who has cerebral palsy? You used the two films where Daniel Day-Lewis played a similar character as an example, and those characters aren't even that much alike.

We could list a bunch of Denzel roles where he played a very similar character, hell practically half his filmography is playing the same guy.
            Last edited by _original_; 10-12-2014, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              LOL the greedy oilman Daniel Plainview is the same character as Christy Brown, a guy who has cerebral palsy? You used the two films where Daniel Day-Lewis played a similar character as an example, and those characters aren't even that much alike.

We could list a bunch of Denzel roles where he played a very similar character, hell practically half his filmography is playing the same guy.
              That might be the first time I've ever seen anyone claim Daniel Day-Lewis plays the same character all the time. And it couldn't be more incorrect.

I guess we all know Abraham Lincoln was a murderous thug with an affinity for cutting people.

Comment

Oh you gotta roll with DDL, baby!

My personal favorite performance of his, is as Bill the Butcher in Gangs of ew York. One of Scorcese's more forgettable films, but definitely not a forgettable character in Bill the Butcher. And let's be honest, a mediocre film by Scorcese is still a three star film, and a damn solid watch.

But DDL's performance is just incredible. There's never been a more dastardly, violent character, who still manages to capture some humanity, and thus empathy from the audience. I wouldn't go as far as to call him an anti-hero, but he's definitely one of the best (worst) villains with "likable" qualities in film history.

Comment

Oscars dont mean youre a good actor. Best film lead nearly always wins. Ive seen great acting performaces not even get nominated

Although on that list its Day Lewis all day
                  Last edited by Rapid Counter; 10-12-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

No one steals a scene better than PSH

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                      Oscars dont mean youre a good actor. Best film lead nearly always wins. Ive seen great acting performaces not even get nominated.
                      You are correct about this.

Some good ones are ignored, others are given undeserved attention and overrated.

Some very good actors (who rarely receive major roles):

Rufus Sewell
                      Nick Tarabay
                      Ioan Gruffudd
                      Albert Finney
                      Matthew Marsden
                      Timothy Hutton
                      Dustin Clare
                      Brett Tucker
                      James Purefoy
                      Ray Stevenson

Comment