Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the closest you've ever come to death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    about 4 years ago on a snowy night I received a call from work late at night for an emergency O2 delivery (I was on call) it was around 2 hours away from my house no biggie I've done them hundreds of times anyway to make a long story short this house was in the middle of nowhere I was about 30 minutes away with nothing around me but trees and snow, I was following my GPS when I felt my truck (a box truck) sliding so I let off the gas but since the road was curving I lost control and ended up nose first inside a lake the rear of the truck got caught on a ditch and that kept me literally hanging for my life the front of the truck inside the rear out I sat there for 8 hours with no phone signal, I ain't gonna front after I calmed down (I went into a panic attack) and not being able to get a signal on any of my phones my tears came out and every minute that passed felt like eternity and I really thought I was never gonna go back home, someone must of seen my truck and called for help, I'll never forget that voice on the loud speaker "are you ok" tow truck came after that and pulled the truck out...GPS tracker's were installed on all the trucks after that lol
    Im glad your good my rican brother.

Comment

Got hit in the chest in Iraq. Another time an Ied while in a vehicle dude next to me driving got hurt I was completely fine. Separate time had some nice sharpnel come my way that somehow ended up in my gear. Used to carry it in my front pocket on my kevlar for good luck after that. Gnarly piece of metal tht one..woulda ruined my world if that went in my body. Had a bunch of other "close" calls there but these stood out.

In regular life I've been shot at, jumped, and some scary situations in mexico but nothing I look back at as "holy s hit i almost died"

Did get hit by a drunk driver in juarez

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        Im glad your good my rican brother.
        gracias hermano

Comment

Iraqi deserters in the first gulf war tried to carjack our car. They stopped us and open the door to get us out, still pointing their guns at us, when my father put his foot on the gas and drove off. All three opened fire.

They fucked car up but we weren't hit, blind luck I guess

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
            Iraqi deserters in the first gulf war tried to carjack our car. They stopped us and open the door to get us out, still pointing their guns at us, when my father put his foot on the gas and drove off. All three opened fire.

They fucked car up but we weren't hit, blind luck I guess
            you was in war with your father? (serious question)

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
              you was in war with your father? (serious question)
              No, neither of us were fighting in that war, I was a kid then (6 or 7). You know how war is, you get worried for your family.

My parents were worried about my uncle and great-aunt, who lived in different part of the country and he decided to go and see whether they were still alive or not, and get them to where we were.

Comment

i was dropped on my head as a child

Comment

Almost died when i was born. I have a twin sister and on her way out first, she wrapped the cord around my neck.

Then my brother gave me chicken pox at 9 months old and i almost died.

I've also be shot at, just standing in front of a car talking to someone at night. Didnt even realize what it was until i saw the bullet holes in the car 2 feet away from me, i thought it was fire works

Comment

surprisingly way too many boxingscene poster are getting shot also the number of poster hanging on cliff for dear life is higher then expected

Comment

Bacterial meningitis when I was around 8 or 9. I was in the hospital for a about a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X