Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Thoughts on Out of Place Artifacts? Is There more to History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    Calzaghe is the GOAT
    True dat

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?
      we evolved from lizards

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
        The artifacts aren't millions of years old.

Most Out of Place Artifacts are found near large bodies of water. The ancient minerals are worn away and turned into sediment. A more recent object falls into the water. Concretion occurs around the object ( as it natural does in large bodies of water) forming a sedimentary rock where the mineral is older than the object encased inside.

Either that or aliens.
        Yeah I get it though the article says the object encased (the hammer) is older than the rock surrounding and the handle had started to process of turning into coal it so I figured it could have been mineral replacement due to pressure.

Da Machine said that out of place artifacts was hard to explain, and then said something about Skeletons. I was explaining that even if these artifacts were millions of years old the fact there are no skeletons has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
          Yeah I get it though the article says the object encased (the hammer) is older than the rock surrounding and the handle had started to process of turning into coal it so I figured it could have been mineral replacement due to pressure.

Da Machine said that out of place artifacts was hard to explain, and then said something about Skeletons. I was explaining that even if these artifacts were millions of years old the fact there are no skeletons has absolutely nothing to do with it.
          That article was written by a moron. Anyone can be an Internet "journalist" it seems. Whoever wrote that had no single clue about geology or archaeology. I actually have a degree in archaeology so I know a little about what I'm talking about.

I still don't understand what Da Machine was going on about skeletons for!

Comment

The headline of the article is "Everything We Have Been Taught About Our Origins Is A Lie". Which is ironic because just about everything in the article is a lie.

As has already been pointed out minerals dissolved in water can be deposited onto much younger material leaving them embedded in rock. This is a picture of the Petrifying Well in Knaresborough, England:

OMG LOOK THAT TEDDY BEAR AND TEAPOT ARE ENCASED IN ROCK, THEY MUST PREDATE HISTORY!

Nope. They are encrusted with deposited sediments previously dissolved in the water.

The article is a pinch of misunderstanding mixed with a liberal dose of bullshit and topped off with a soupcon of whiny persecutionist conspiracy fantasy.

Comment

Working...
            X