Car sound system suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Car sound system suggestions

Right you fockers!

Finally after scampering about and feeling sorry for myself my generous pal went and bought me two JBL GT5-12's and a JBL 1400.1 Mono block amp

I've bought some JBL cs6c's for the front doors, which will be ran off another smaller amp i've got.

Now as money is extremely tight, I need a decent head unit to push out the "Muzak"

I'm looking at a budget of $200 or £130 UK

I know it aint mind blasting stuff, but eventually the JBL's will be replaced by two Alpine Type R 12's, and I don't have the sort of money to be coughing up for JL's, Focals and other extremely high priced components.

In my younger more ice days I outperformed people who spent in excess of £2000 car audio with my under a £1000 stuff with my badass Kenwood head unit which they dont do anymore, a sophisticated 5 band equaliser used to confuse even the mad soundbumming heads.

Are you going for loud? Blow your doors off type thing.

What kind of music are you into? I think that would also have a slight impact on what you should buy.

I always found the Kicker CVR to be the most well rounded subs, especially $4$.

If you're thinking of 2 Alpine type-R, consider 1 type X. Had a buddy who made the switch, it required a different amp...made a huge difference in quality and decibels.

Comment

I would suggest stop being a ****.

Car sound systems. Sheesh.

Comment

Stop being a kill joy, squeal. Damn.

Grab some DJ Magic Mike tracks while your at it, TS.

Cutlass on 100 spokes, bad suspension, and 2000 watts in the trunk.

Orale.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          Are you going for loud? Blow your doors off type thing.

What kind of music are you into? I think that would also have a slight impact on what you should buy.

I always found the Kicker CVR to be the most well rounded subs, especially $4$.

If you're thinking of 2 Alpine type-R, consider 1 type X. Had a buddy who made the switch, it required a different amp...made a huge difference in quality and decibels.
          Rick I might just do that l8r then I mean amps good for 1500w rms so I might look into it, im not really into mad huge bass somewhere around the 600w rms mark enough for me.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          I would suggest stop being a ****.

Car sound systems. Sheesh.
          Stop being such an old basterd some people have hobbies other than wanking

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Stop being a kill joy, squeal. Damn.

Grab some DJ Magic Mike tracks while your at it, TS.

Cutlass on 100 spokes, bad suspension, and 2000 watts in the trunk.

Orale.
          Pea you my man

Comment

Working...
          X