Watched Someone Die Last Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Someone Die Last Night

Never seen some **** like that before.

This really young dude I work with was riding his motorcycle to work, dipping in and out of traffic as he worked his way up the street. He was behind a car in the left lane, moved into the right lane and passed them, I guess he was planning to move back into that left lane and immediately take a left into our work place, but a car took a right out of the parking lot next door and he had to stop abruptly.

Car behind him didn't even have a chance to touch their brakes.

I was standing outside when it happened and saw it all, but there was nothin we could do. His fault; He cut the car off behind him. We don't have helmet laws in our state. EMSA came out and did CPR on him, said he had a pulse, but we knew it was over. Died on the way to the hospital.

Dude was just coming to work like anybody, and his life ended right there in the driveway. Crazy ****.

Whenever I see dickheads on mortocycles dipping through traffic, riding down the centerline, etc... I just shake my head. I'm glad none of the innocent people whose lives he was putting in danger doing that were injured.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Whenever I see dickheads on mortocycles dipping through traffic, riding down the centerline, etc... I just shake my head. I'm glad none of the innocent people whose lives he was putting in danger doing that were injured.
      Its the truth. I always tell my best friend who rides (no helmet) to sell the ****ing thing. I don't care that he's a safe drive; it didn't help Paul Williams any. Wreck in a motorcycle ya lose every time.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        We don't have helmet laws in our state.

How is that permissible?

I assume your state will implement that in light of this accident though, policies are always reactive rather than proactive. I made the realisation again, as I was looking out the window, that one day I'll be dead. I find it interesting how ignorant we are to death, so naive of our mortality. If we truly understood that there is an end, we wouldn't rest for a second and would never take anything for granted. Something you considered too after watching that?

Comment

That's ****ed up paul and underscores how thin the line between life and death really is. No one deserves to die over something as trivial as going to work, sure he might have been driving erratic, but it's not worth his life.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

I made the realisation again, as I was looking out the window, that one day I'll be dead.
            I hate that feeling, that realization that one day I won't exist and won't know what is happening in the lives of my loved ones. Life is so bitter sweet, so many highs and lows and then, in the end, we die and shatter the lives of those around us.

Comment

Sad news Paul.

Had a few people I have known killed in motorcycle accidents and would never go near them. Sometimes their own fault, sometimes completely blameless.

The other day I saw a bike doing a wheelie everytime they overtook a car..

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Died on the way to the hospital.
                So you didnt watch somebody die

Comment

Sucks that he died, but only he can be blamed for driving like a dip**** without a helmet.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X