No announcement yet.

Crossfit self defence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfit self defence

I want to learn some self defence and I came across this. It is only 250 bucks for the weekend and it is not hard to learn since it is not all that technical. There is no stance, dances etc just core movements that we use every day making it easy to learn.

Do you think I should go on the course for me to protect myself from the rough streets of London?

Lol, what a scam

Obligatory cross fit gif;

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      Lol, what a scam

Obligatory cross fit gif;
      Why do you say it's a scam, the push to the jaw seems highly effective. I bet if I go there for the weekend they will teach me deadly moves, the type that they can't show on camera since they don't want kids to try at home.

Also what excercises are they doing in the gif?

Comment

250 bucks

i have some mitts and gloves, and i would teach you the very basics of boxing for free.

Comment

what is crossfit?

i must have asked this question 10 times on this forum and yet no-one has given me an answer

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            250 bucks

i have some mitts and gloves, and i would teach you the very basics of boxing for free.
            Thanks for the offer but I am in Original England. Also I know the basics but I'm not sure if it will translate well to self defence. You see a punch to the head it will injue my hand as much as the guy I injure him if I even land. But a push to the head my hand would not get injured since it's less impact on my hand. Also it throws both hands so there is 2 times the chance of landing. Imagine an opponent throwing a jab and a cross at the same time. Double KO right there!

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              what is crossfit?

i must have asked this question 10 times on this forum and yet no-one has given me an answer
              It's a company, sport and lifestyle. One of the best IMO. Full of hot babes and stuff.

Promoted as both a physical exercise philosophy and also as a competitive fitness sport, CrossFit workouts incorporate elements from high-intensity interval training, olympic weightlifting, plyometrics, powerlifting, gymnastics, girevoy sport, calisthenics, strongman and other exercises
              CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program with the aim of improving, among other things, cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy. It advocates a perpetually varied mix of aerobic exercise, gymnastics (body weight exercises), and Olympic weight lifting.[9] CrossFit Inc. describes its strength and conditioning program as ***8220;constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity across broad modal and time domains,"[10] with the stated goal of improving fitness, which it defines as "work capacity across broad time and modal domains."[11] Hour-long classes at affiliated gyms, or "boxes", typically include a warm-up, a skill development segment, the high-intensity "workout of the day" (or WOD), and a period of individual or group stretching. Some boxes also often have a strength focused movement prior to the WOD. Performance on each WOD is often scored and/or ranked to encourage competition and to track individual progress. Some affiliates offer additional classes, such as Olympic weightlifting, which are not centered around a WOD.[12]
              Doing crossfit you will get a body like Erislandy Lara or even better!
              Last edited by DosRounds; 08-27-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

how is crossfit different from anything else?

Comment

what is crossfit?

Basically its just a high intensity routine. The emphasis is placed more on doing reps as quick as possible, causing your form to go to hell. Thus, the birth of ******ed *****.....like kipping.

Noobs buy into the whole crossfit 'brand', while the rest of us just call it as it is, a workout. A high intensity workout. Nothing new. I care about my back not being fukd up when I'm 40, so I'll make sure I have good form on exercises such as clean and jerks.

Comment

how is crossfit different from anything else?
                    I'm not too sue but I think that everything is timed and you try and do as much as you can. Also the community is like no other.

Comment

Working...
                    X