Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else in California feel that earthquake just minutes ago?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That $h1t woke me up. And now I am up playing GTA 5

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Bucharest, 1977...

The quake was so strong that for some moments I imagined that everything will go down... I was contemplating imminent death and I didn't feel fear... But after the earthquake I was the last one to get out from a 9 floored building -- because it was dark and the mob was just mad. I soon developed a severe form of claustrophobia... (I've experienced other earthquakes since then, but never attempted to leave my bed or my sofa... Eventually I managed to buy an Art Nouveau mansion and I live near the ground... )

I've stopped flying in 1981, but I'm flying again since 2003...
      lol I would've been mad too! Good to hear you're flying again.

I was in Southern California when there was an earthquake in Mexico and there was talk of an aftershock in CA. It does make you feel somewhat vulnerable, particularly with my limited understanding of them.

Originally posted by fifth tea sent View Post
      no earthquake in your country?
      Apparently there are some registering 2.5 on the richter scale but they're not noticeable or dangerous so it's just not an issue we have to deal with.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 08-24-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Heard it was a 6.

Didn't feel it. Bout 60-70 miles north of Valley-Joe.

Comment

Damn. Just flipping through the news, and a couple of people in Napa County got hurt, one killed. Homes on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Never felt an earthquake. I guess it would be an unnerving feeling but what is the main fear?
            I'm pretty much 30 minutes away from it began (San Francisco area), still felt pretty big. I don't think I've felt a 6.0 in awhile, it definitely woke people up from where I am. Must of been much worse closer to the epicenter. It's just an awkward tense feeling when everything starts shaking at random. Especially when the first 3 seconds are "okay this isnt that bad." Then it started to pick up for the final ~15 seconds but this one was a 6.0, so if you were at the epicenter I would assume stuff was falling off your shelves.

I am sure people in Vallejo lost some vases, pictures frames, etc..

Sweet Pea just said people had homes on fire at the epicenter. If it was enough to wake people up 30 minutes away, I wouldn't wanna be where it started at all.
            Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 08-24-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

i live on the top floor of a low rise, and the only quake we've experienced in the last three years shook my building. it's not something i am used to. it wasn't at all a bad quake, but i can see how that type of shaking would be hellishly destructive if it were on a larger scale in terms of its power, or lasted longer.

Comment

Yeah, I knew this was a pretty decent size one. Apparently it was the biggest since 1989 Had it lasted 20-30 seconds longer at peak strength I probably would of walked outside my house.

Napa Valley and the epicenter area lost homes, places went on fire, crap falling off shelves in stores, damaged buildings, etc.

Comment

just woke up no long ago, I've been watching Nickelodeon with the little one and haven't heard anything

gotta love BS where I get all the world news first

I hope all the BS residents from Cali are doing ok

Comment

I'm not really in earthquake country, but the big ones can be felt up here.

The last really big one I can recall in the Bay Area was the Loma Prieta.

I was knocked out for that one, snot bubbles and all. Space Rugby. Went to my grandmas house afterwards to watch the Giants-A's World Series back in '89.

My family members said they felt it, all the way up here in Sacramento.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      I'm not really in earthquake country, but the big ones can be felt up here.

The last really big one I can recall in the Bay Area was the Loma Prieta.

I was knocked out for that one, snot bubbles and all. Space Rugby. Went to my grandmas house afterwards to watch the Giants-A's World Series back in '89.

My family members said they felt it, all the way up here in Sacramento.
                      The 1989 was a 7.0, we just had a 6.0.

Growing up in the Bay Area, especially so close to San Francisco you're told of the past destructive quakes like the 1989 and 1906 quakes. Keeps you a little anxious when one gets started because you think of when the next "big one" is coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X