Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else in California feel that earthquake just minutes ago?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else in California feel that earthquake just minutes ago?

Registered a 6.1 epicenter at American Canyon (near Vallejo), California. Its a really daunting feeling when one of these comes on.

you crack me up ssss

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Registered a 6.1 epicenter at American Canyon (near Vallejo), California. Its a really daunting feeling when one of these comes on.
      How deep was it?

Comment

Never felt an earthquake. I guess it would be an unnerving feeling but what is the main fear?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Never felt an earthquake. I guess it would be an unnerving feeling but what is the main fear?
          It's better not to experience a powerful earthquake.

Back in 1977, the 14th storey building next to mine just crushed... The next morning the gas exploded in the underground and it caught fire... Eventually, I couldn't fly for twenty years... Now I'm fine...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            It's better not to experience a powerful earthquake.

Back in 1977, the 14th storey building next to mine just crushed... The next morning the gas exploded in the underground and it caught fire... Eventually, I couldn't fly for twenty years... Now I'm fine...
            I see, the fear is general destruction to infrastructure.

Where was this earthquake you experienced, Romania? How come you couldn't fly, were you injured?

Comment

I see, the fear is general destruction to infrastructure.

Where was this earthquake you experienced, Romania? How come you couldn't fly, were you injured?
              Bucharest, 1977...

The quake was so strong that for some moments I imagined that everything will go down... I was contemplating imminent death and I didn't feel fear... But after the earthquake I was the last one to get out from a 9 floored building -- because it was dark and the mob was just mad. I soon developed a severe form of claustrophobia... (I've experienced other earthquakes since then, but never attempted to leave my bed or my sofa... Eventually I managed to buy an Art Nouveau mansion and I live near the ground... )

I've stopped flying in 1981, but I'm flying again since 2003...

Comment

no earthquake in your country?

Comment

I felt it big time. In the Bay.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the aftershock

Comment

Working...
                    X