No announcement yet.

Tony Stewart Runs Over And Kills 17 Year Old, Looks On Purpose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    moral of the story, dont walk out into a race track while the race is still going!!
    The moral of the story, is you shouldn't murder someone just because he's walking on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      they're on a dirt track, man, and driving a race car. it's not like driving on a roadway. you'll use the gas in different contexts; needing power at the rear wheels, needing downforce on the front wheels, etc. he's a professional driver, and knows how to control a race car.

you're saying that he meant to "fuk with him," and it resulted in his death?

he should be charged with murder if that is the case.
      bro, this aint no 56yr asian lady behind the wheel.. like u said he's a professional, he should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        LMAO, he's not getting anything for this. If you watch the video, any lawyer with half a brain can twist this into a million different angles.

NASCAR will make sure he doesn't go to jail.
        as much as i hate this, this is true. the worst he can get is maybe 1-2 years in jail? he might not even get to do any time. now if this was a regular person then that person would be facing life right now.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
          After watching the vid a couple times he steers and hits him with the side of his car
          if there is a clearer video he could get convicted but with only that clip i doubt it

whether he gets convicted or not i think he hit him on purpose, the other dude wont just throw himself into his car for god's sake
          if u look at the video the kid did make a last second change of direction (8-9sec mark). maybe the kid was trying to put himself in harms way thinking it wouldnt end like that. stewart prolly was trying to scare the kid and when the kid change direction at the last second it was too late for stewart to steer away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            The moral of the story, is you shouldn't murder someone just because he's walking on the track.
            completely agreed. but my statement still stands. dont phucking walk out into a race track while the race is still going!! if u walk into a busy freeway what do u think will happen to u???

Comment

We have a track here where I live. Race nearly every Saturday night. If I were a racer (which I'm not) and this had happened, they would have had cuffs on me before I climbed out of the car.

The only reason he's going to get away with this, is because of who he is. Had this happened in reverse, Ward would have been arrested, and NASCAR fans would be flipping their shit, calling him a murderer, etc.

Every other car that passed by him could see him, and avoid him, but not poor Tony. He couldn't see him, so he swerved directly toward him, sped up, and ran him over. Stewart it a notorious hotheaded asshole. To think that this wasn't at least somewhat intentional is naive, in my opinion.

I don't think he tried to KILL the guy, but he was, at a minimum, trying to scare him. He deserves to be banned from racing, convicted of vehicular manslaughter, and sent to jail.

And if he didn't have a publicist out there somewhere talking some sense into him, he'd have probably raced yesterday, too.
              From Mark Tychoniewicz facebooks page

4 hours ago
              i have driven these cars,the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there,i now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw him at the last second and just missed him,Tony had even less time to react to the situation.people in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love.
              And another from a former driver

Again, My brother and I raced sprint cars all through the 90's. I have driven a sprint car, at speed, on a banked clay surface, on a dusty pit area surface, in the gravel, in the mud, and (much to the chagrin of the Sheriff's department) on paved surfaces. I am VERY familiar with the controls and the visibility with those race cars and can completely put myself in Stewart's position.

Even with a clean tear-off, glare wisps across the plastic shield as you pass under the track lights and you have to operate with faith and familiarity just to get around. Even under yellow, those cars are running about 60 mph until they get lined back up where they go about 35-40 to re-take the green. These cars are direct-drive, they only have an in and out shifter, and must be push-started. Drivers must ease from fast to slow operation and will get on the gas to keep the engine from lugging. You don't want lug a $40,000 alcohol-burning, mechanically fuel injected engine, so drivers will keep them revved to insure a clean burn and proper oil pressure. It is like keeping your car in fifth gear when you slow from freeway speed down to a 45 zone and not being able to downshift. Go too slow and it jerks and bucks on you.

At parade speeds, these cars are extremely difficult to keep straight on the tacky clay surface. The best analogy for somebody to get what I mean, is to compare it to a personal watercraft. Anybody ridden a Seadoo or a Waverunner? No brakes, and you can only turn by getting on the gas. Same damn thing. It is a controlled chaos of sorts.

Like driving in the snow, Stewart was on a trajectory through the corner at about half speed. By the time he saw the kid he would have had to make the only correction his muscle memory would have had and burp the throttle to try and avoid him. But it was too late.

This kid was wearing a black driving suit and was at a place on the track that other drivers would not expect him to be. Safety policies dictate that not even track safety personnel can traverse the racing surface until the red flag, and this kid put himself in harm's way getting out of his car during the yellow. The ONLY place that a sprint car driver is safe on the track is strapped into car with roll bars around them. What this unfortunate driver did was to effectively render himself defenseless by getting out. He paid the ultimate price for it.

Sadness should be the emotion here, not anger.
              This isn't your mom's station wagon. These powerful machines don't drive the way normal cars drive. But let's convict the guy over one video that doesn't show much
              Last edited by -The Glove-; 08-11-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                From Mark Tychoniewicz facebooks page

4 hours ago

And another from a former driver

This isn't your mom's station wagon. These powerful machines don't drive the way normal cars drive. But let's convict the guy over one video that doesn't show much
                Funny how no one else had trouble missing the guy.

My mom doesn't drive a station wagon.

One of the best Nascar drivers on the planet can't control a modified go kart during a caution lap? Riiiiggghhhht.

Let's convict the guy for killing another human being.

Mark's quote in your sig is the most depressing thing in this thread.

Comment

I'm not a NASCAR super fan but I do know who Tony Stewart is and the bad reputation he has when it comes to driving other cars into the wall and confronting other races, even throwing his helmet at the race cars so of course it doesn't look good but I doubt he had any intentions on hitting this 20 year old kid but at the same time if for some reason they could prove he tried to scare the guy then he should be at least charge with vehicular manslaughter

the fact that when he was first asked if he was going to race the next day he said that he was I found that very wrong of him to say that

my heart goes out to the kids family

Comment

Of course he was gonna race. He's Tony Stewart. Legend in his own mind. It would surprise me if he has any remorse at all. We're not talking about some stand up guy, here. It wasn't until about 2 hours before the race that they announced he was sitting it out. Undoubtedly, someone told him to.

Comment

Funny how no one else had trouble missing the guy.

My mom doesn't drive a station wagon.

One of the best Nascar drivers on the planet can't control a modified go kart during a caution lap? Riiiiggghhhht.

Let's convict the guy for killing another human being.

Mark's quote in your sig is the most depressing thing in this thread.
                      Modified go kart? Lol. Did you not read the quote by Mark? He works on the car that narrowly missed Ward before Stewart.

Comment

Working...
                      X