No announcement yet.

PS4 Fifa 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 Fifa 14

This is my very first time playing Fifa, ever... I must say, I can't put it down. My record is **** (only to be expected from a first timer), but I want to get better, for Fifa 15.

Any good players (I see tons of cats talk **** on here like they are the best, so don't be shy now), wanna help a boxingscene brother get his weight up? Hit me up. I will provide all the proper info to get a game going!!!

Basically, practice makes perfect. The more you play the better you will get.

Don't commit yourself to tackles as players will just skip past you. I very rarely slide tackle, just use circle for a standing tackle. Not something I like but if someone gets past you, you can hold circle to drag them back.

When attacking, if you want to pass to someone in space press triangle instead of x. It puts the ball into space for them to run on to. You can also press L1 with triangle for a ball over the top which plenty of people abuse.

Loads of things you can work on but you need to be playing games. Play some games against the computer to get used to controls and the basics but if you want to get good you need to play online.

Comment

Set it to ultra defensive and play Ronaldo and Bale as strikers. Do long unnecessary celebrations and watch every goal replay online to frustrate your opponent.

Comment

''but if you want to get good you need to play online''

Spot on.

I know a few lads who play single player doing seasons and **** and they're absolute dog ****e. I have to play at about 5% of my actual capabilities against them and look upset when i basically gift them every goal they score just so they don't get put off from ever playing Fifa again if i were to actually try and whoopage on they ass 25 - 0.

You'll get your arse handed to you for the majority of time when you first start playing it online but it'll make it you a better player, and may even one day get you to the level of someone of my class and calibre and panache oh and technique, oh my god i'm just so good.

Comment

I am division 7, and climbing in my online season. I do notice the higher the division, the less reply trash there is. I have become pretty good on defense, I miss a lot of goals though...

I am damn near an expert at stopping the cross/header spammers. I am getting it together though.

There are some really good skill move players out there too!! Trying to get my skill move game up as we speak. Very frustrating, but fun game! I am hooked!!

Comment

If you are close in, try and press R1 with circle when you shoot to the far corner for finesse.

Comment

The best thing I ever did was consistently play with the same team online. You begin to know what players are capable of what and that leads you to making the correct decisions based on who has the ball/who you are passing to.

It also gives you an advantage as the default squads that the game has are awful the vast majority of the time. If you have a team that is set-up well then it raises your game instantly.

For reference sake, my team was AC Milan.

Comment

What controller does it shine more on? I would assume the PS4.

Comment

i actually went out and bought this game and to my suprise not really into it.. maybe thats because im not much of a gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                    If you are close in, try and press R1 with circle when you shoot to the far corner for finesse.
                    Yeah, my boy I play is all about the finesse shots. I am getting better at that as well. I love the L1 and circle though... I love chagrin the GK, and just tap it right over his head. I am in love with that little nasty shot! Though I do find R1 and circle is the way to go most of the time.

Also, maybe I didn't give a fair assessment of myself in my OP. I am really not that bad... Just not that good. I do have about 300+ games under my belt. I just have those first timer woes, if you know what I mean.

Several of my online friends have been play Fifa since the beginning, I am now able to win cups on them. My season record is a bit better than my head to head friend record.

All in all, I didn't believe the hype of the game. Now I do!

Comment

Working...
                    X