No announcement yet.

Qatar is a jacked up place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar is a jacked up place

Did anyone catch the gumbel show on hbo after the Golovkin fight tonight..

They had a segment about Qatar bribing officials to host a future World Cup.
    It was a fascinating piece..
    They showed how Qatar is offering to build 9 different stadiums, one that would be covered on the outside by HD screens.. They also plan to build a robotic flying cloud to hover over stadiums to restrict the heat from the sun..

But the jacked up thing is that all their cities and structures are built by immigrant labor from India, Pakistan, etc.. These guys make roughly $200 bucks a year and live in labor camps that pack them into small quarters that are just filthy.. No showers, insects all over the kitchen, beds are infested with bugs.. Just horrible conditions. It was a really tragic sight to see..

They interviewed a sheik and he stopped the interview when they busted him on lies about the labor camps..

Also talked about how Qatar buys Bulgarian power lifters and change their names and put them on the Qatar national team..

Very good episode

They buy olympians

Comment

It shows that with $$$$ you can do anything. I hope that they take away the 2022 World Cup from Qatar and give it to the United States.

I'm surprised that Qatar has never paid for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. With all the $$$ they have over there in Qatar they can dwarf US promotional company.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
        It shows that with $$$$ you can do anything. I hope that they take away the 2022 World Cup from Qatar and give it to the United States.

I'm surprised that Qatar has never paid for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. With all the $$$ they have over there in Qatar they can dwarf US promotional company.
        Yeah, every year some fighter talks about fighting over there,, I have heard khan, haye, Floyd, manny, etc all been rumored to fight there but nothing ever materializes

Comment

They are being investigated because they are accused of bribing officials to get votes to host the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            They are being investigated because they are accused of bribing officials to get votes to host the World Cup.
            Hence the 2nd sentence in my opening post

Comment

Fake country. If it didn't have oil (which is retrieved out of the ground using kufar Western technology, allahu akbar), it would be Yemen. Nothing but barren land and tribal/religious conflict.

Comment

They are basically using slave labor. The conditions that the immigrant workers are living in are horrible.

The wealthy at the top will continue to do this unless someone stops them. But instead of punishing Qatar with sanctions or whatever they get awarded the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  They are basically using slave labor. The conditions that the immigrant workers are living in are horrible.

The wealthy at the top will continue to do this unless someone stops them. But instead of punishing Qatar with sanctions or whatever they get awarded the World Cup.
                  Yeah, it's messed up.. I would say the conditions at the labor camp is about as worst as I have ever seen.. It's beyond disgusting, and I don't know how it doesn't get condemned internationally... Putin makes laws against gays, and it causes this huge uproar, while in Qatar people are being treated in the most inhumane ways possible, and nothing but silence..

Comment

They should take the world cup off them, they only got it through bribes.

Scotland An Ireland should be awarded it instead

Comment

Working...
                    X